Scorpion Optics

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have the 552 would definitely recommend! its awesome to use! I picked it because is uses AAs which i have everywhere so no need for some fancy battery.

Has anyone used their scopes before? They have lifetime warranty so thinking about picking one up

Yes and to be honest wasnt all that impressed with it. It hazes pretty bad and low light was horrible. It did have a very definitive sight though, I did like the lines too bad about the hazing and low light. Have you ever looked at vortex scopes? Also lifetime warranty and I Have one on a few guns :)]

I have a Minox ZA 5 6-30x that is pretty awesome, life time warranty as well. It is also a decent scope, if you're interested i'll sell it to you for a deal. PM me for pics and such

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I have not heard anything about Scorpion. I will agree with mareshow about Vortex. For about the price of a Bushnell you get a scope that I would compare to a Leupold VX-2 or the older VX-III. Very good price to quality ratio.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about redfields?

I havent Personally used them but of my friends who have used them and still use them, Its about a 50%-50% to who likes them and who doesnts. I think their parent company is Bushnell? Someone correct me on that though because they were bought out recently and apparently gotten better after the buy out. I would be tempted to try one though. Again that being said I'm really impressed with my Vortex scopes and the low light in them is spectacular! My next scope will either be a Sightron, Nightforce, Premier, US Optics or Schmidt and Bender though. (the latter three only if I suddenly feel like dropping a stupid amount of money on a scope though haha maybe post timberwolf :))

If you are looking for a good alternative scope i would also check out the Sightron line of scope, fantastic quality for the money. And very reasonably priced as well.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about redfields?

I have no experience with Scorpion but
I have a 3-9x50 Redfield on my Savage 7mmRemMag. It was cheap($230 plus rings and bases), has holdover marks on the crosshairs and is very bright. The bonus is Leupold owns Redfield and lifetime warranty is in Okotoks in a day or two!

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with Scorpion but
I have a 3-9x50 Redfield on my Savage 7mmRemMag. It was cheap($230 plus rings and bases), has holdover marks on the crosshairs and is very bright. The bonus is Leupold owns Redfield and lifetime warranty is in Okotoks in a day or two!

Thank you its Leupold! i couldnt remember lol

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to pick up a redfield or a vortex. If I can't find something I like I guess I will get a Leupold.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness check out sightron, they are awesome! and pretty cheap as well!

They only have one dealer in Alberta and I would have to send them my scope for warranty work, doesn't look like I could do over the counter exchanges.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a redfield revenge and leupold scope mounts for $190. Absolute killer deal from shooterschoice.ca down by arrowwood

Top Bottom