School me on GPS...

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a GPS for the rocky mountain house/Caroline area. I know nothing about them, all I want it to do is get me home haha. Is it possible to "share" maps so a guy could follow someone else's trail?

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a GPS for the rocky mountain house/Caroline area. I know nothing about them, all I want it to do is get me home haha. Is it possible to "share" maps so a guy could follow someone else's trail?

no maps but if you just wanna get home look at a back tracker? you can enter max of 5 way points but it always points back to the truck or camp or whatever. i always carry it for non complicated stuff like bush work where i am not marking trails. You can't enter gps points but like its says its just to get you back... easy and simple. Im gps simple too and this thing has saved my butt

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some decent apps for phones that are free. I use TopoCanada
Can you use it like a gps while out quadding or is it just a map? I've been shopping around and I think half my problem is I don't know all the lingo haha. I mainly want it to get me back to the truck, but it would also be nice to save trips or share between friends.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you use it like a gps while out quadding or is it just a map? I've been shopping around and I think half my problem is I don't know all the lingo haha. I mainly want it to get me back to the truck, but it would also be nice to save trips or share between friends.

With the Topographic Maps Canada you can drop pins to save your trail. It does save them so they can be followed again. But they can not be shared. Here is an example of a pin of where a camp spot is.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 166
Top Bottom