Scam or not???

Robins

Reaction score
This vehicle was found on a website for sale...

Hello there,
I appreciate that you contacted me. First let me say that the 2002 TOYOTA SEQUOIA is available for $4,500CAD (final price).
It is in good condition, there's no scratches or any dents on it,very well maintained,please check the pictures, I have a clear title for it, no liens or loans.
Never been in any accidents.Where are you located?
The reason why I'm selling it so cheap (it`s real value is much higher) is because my 8 year old daughter is very sick and we need those money as soon as possible to pay her medicine,right now i don`t care about money,my daughter`s health comes first......
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate ask.Where are you located?
Best Regards

My wife says: Hi there, I was wondering when we might be able to come look at it. It sounds awesome.

Hi,
I`m located in Montreal(the truck is here with me) right now at Hospital with my daughter,the thing is i have to stay here with her and i don`t have time to stay and meet with all my potential buyers, that is why i gave to a shipping company that will ship it to the next owner(on my cost), it is sealed in container, so i'm trying to sell it online under eBay`s protection.You will have 5 days from the time you receive to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not, if by any reason, you will not be satisfied, you will return the truck to shipping company with no expense.Don`t worry you won`t have to pay any taxes,everything is included.
Please reply with your complete name and shipping address in your next email and let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about this purchase so that I can open a transaction at eBay and to move forward with this deal.After that they will contact you with all necessary information about this transaction(terms,buyer protection,payment instructions,invoice,etc.).
P.S. Please don`t forget to send me your full name and address.

And then we see another ad for a Ford Expedition, the wife emails to find out more information and the reply is exactly the same. They sent us the VIN number, if there are any RCMP or City Police on this site, run this VIN # for the Expedition 1FMPU18L1YLA25292

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scam!!!!!!! Go to ebay, not through the site they have it listed on and see if you can find it.

this vehicle was found on a website for sale...

Hello there,
i appreciate that you contacted me. First let me say that the 2002 toyota sequoia is available for $4,500cad (final price).
It is in good condition, there's no scratches or any dents on it,very well maintained,please check the pictures, i have a clear title for it, no liens or loans.
Never been in any accidents.where are you located?
The reason why i'm selling it so cheap (it`s real value is much higher) is because my 8 year old daughter is very sick and we need those money as soon as possible to pay her medicine,right now i don`t care about money,my daughter`s health comes first......
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate ask.where are you located?
Best regards

my wife says: Hi there, i was wondering when we might be able to come look at it. It sounds awesome.

Hi,
i`m located in montreal(the truck is here with me) right now at hospital with my daughter,the thing is i have to stay here with her and i don`t have time to stay and meet with all my potential buyers, that is why i gave to a shipping company that will ship it to the next owner(on my cost), it is sealed in container, so i'm trying to sell it online under ebay`s protection.you will have 5 days from the time you receive to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not, if by any reason, you will not be satisfied, you will return the truck to shipping company with no expense.don`t worry you won`t have to pay any taxes,everything is included.
Please reply with your complete name and shipping address in your next email and let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about this purchase so that i can open a transaction at ebay and to move forward with this deal.after that they will contact you with all necessary information about this transaction(terms,buyer protection,payment instructions,invoice,etc.).
P.s. Please don`t forget to send me your full name and address.

And then we see another ad for a ford expedition, the wife emails to find out more information and the reply is exactly the same. They sent us the vin number, if there are any rcmp or city police on this site, run this vin # for the expedition 1fmpu18l1yla25292

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100 % Scam. Seen it lots. In the military working overseas, got transfered, wife is sick, etc. Check here for stolen vin #"s. Note they only show up if it's reported stolen.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also for $15.00 you can do a lein search at Alberta Motor Vehicles.
The only way I would buy the vehicle is to fly down and pick up the vehicle in person after a test drive and inspection. NEVER NEVER:nono::nono: send money without seeing the vehicle. If everything works out you can then take it to the transport company yourself or drive it home.
Unfortunately it would be a plane ticket to Montreal.
smells like a scam to me !!

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SCAM!!!!!! Anytime it is with a shipping company it is 100% scam, tell him you are outside the hospital with money in hand and you can make the transaction and he will for sure say that he can't because it is already with the shipping company. But in the words he said it is at the hospital. SCAM

:nono:

rmktony

Reaction score
definitely a scam. my boss thought he would get a good deal on a tractor like that i told him it was a scam and he sent the money anyway. he lost 3000 bucks in a hurry.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scam. The vehicle is at with the person at the hospital as they don't have time to sit and wait for potential buyers but further in it says its in a sealed container waiting to be shipped...... Oh yeah, scam all over that...... Send em an e mail and let em know you'll come to the hospital to see it, or so you can drive by the parking lot to see it.... Then see what kind of excuse you get......

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Total Scam
Seen the same thing for two sleds and a trailer
A friend Even tried the search but nothing came up, did not smell right and backed out at the last minute when they said we could not come and look at them because wife was sick in Hospital. We were not coming to see his wife:confused:

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a boat that was to good to be true and that was almost word for word the response I got except she was in Toronto. I didn't reply.....SCAM!!!

Top Bottom