Scam from the Calgary snowmoblie show

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from a guy named Steve Dolan telling me that I filled out some entery form at the Calgary snowmoblie show. Says I won a trip for like 11 days to fort lauderdale and bahamas etc. BUT it's a 80% discount. So he needs may visa to charge me $300 bucks. I said no way I'm I going to do that over the phone and insured me that no one would scam me from the Calgary snowmoblie show. I said no I'm not going to. He said ok then will just give the trip to the runner up. He give me a number 888 871-6461 says its customer service. I phone it and I get an answering machine. Calls themselves florida travel enterprises. SO I google it and the website has no creditable info at the bottom like traveloicty or the like. It looks fake! SO i scoll down on the google search all kinds of complaints that there a scam and rip off artists.

So the question I ask myself what did I fill out and at what bussiness at the snowmoblie show that would try to scam me? I know I filled out a few entery forms but I can't remember what ones. I must of thought they were creditable at the time.

Any one else get this call??

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the same call from someone who said I filled out the forum @ the Edmonton show (this was last yr...not this yrs show) I also said no thanks not interested but like yourself have no idea what I filled out for them to get my info.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not even a frickin sled show is sacred anymore! Whats our world commin to?! ....a guy should say, "sure....I'll come by your office and give it to you in person! " Losers. Also really makes you wonder as to how they got your info??????? Someone sellin this stuff afterwards to these scammers ?????

mclaren

Reaction score
went to the home & garden show got the call
went to world of wheels got the call
went to the sled show got the call

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a silmilar call 3 times before i blew up and told them to lose my info , i filled out a trip thing to s couple hotels for some sled packages , and a draw for a sled . im betting was one of them

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
One time we filled out some of these forms and included our e-mail BIG mistake, after that all we got was spam e-mail a bout enlarging certain male organs and increasing sex drive.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is unfortunate for the honest folks out there. We offer draws at the Edmonton show and it sucks that people need to be nervous about it. Good businesses donate our products and all info is kept in house. The interest and support goes a long way !

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran into this about 4 years ago at the Edmonton sled show. Only put down my phone number and ended up with a new number because of all the phone calls. As stated before, don't enter the free draws. Your info will be sold on the open market. Just came back from a trip to the States and had my credit card info stolen in Palm Springs. Could not use the pay at the pump service because I don't have a zip code. Had to leave the card with the clerk. Big mistake. 4-5000 charge on my card in LA. It's a shame that in life it's only the mistakes that make you smarter.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I've seen those booths that you win a trip or you get this prize when you spin the wheel, I spun the wheel, said I got a chance to win a trip. Them they asked me to fill the form out I said that's ok and walked away. That was in edmonton. In Calgary in 2008 there was one giving away gas, if it's too good to be true, or it's fishy don't give your info. On the other side a contest like Varda has for some items or trail passes, or a small hotel like glacier mtn or b&b like Blue Jewel is offering a draw there not selling your info. We used to have a draw there too and decided not too for that reason as some peeps don't want to give any info away. I would say your safe with entering a contest with skidoo, yamaha and the other big manufactures. But do watch who gets there hands on it. In defence for the organizers of the show they are usually told it's a hotel chain promotion it's hard too weed out the scams. Every year in big valley jamboree I walk by that booth where you win a car or a weekend in fairmount just fill out the info and I walk as fast as I can and just ignore the salesmen, shaking my head.
At snowandmud.com your user info is totally safe and we would never give up that to anyone not even for a price. I've gotten emails from a company selling products related to sleds that they had my email from my membership on another snowmobile site, and I looked into that and wasn't to happy with that site.

Top Bottom