scale?

aggraa

Reaction score
hi, i have a 2007 800r summit, its been running great...but yesterday when i started it ,it reads SCALE on the rev counter and 3 lights are on/ transmission,temp and electric i think.
in the service manual it says stop the engine..press the button to free up the switch and restart....tried it several times ,still doing it.
any ideas how to stop this ,and will i cause any damage if i ride the sled, the engine runs ok.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
hi, i have a 2007 800r summit, its been running great...but yesterday when i started it ,it reads SCALE on the rev counter and 3 lights are on/ transmission,temp and electric i think.
in the service manual it says stop the engine..press the button to free up the switch and restart....tried it several times ,still doing it.
any ideas how to stop this ,and will i cause any damage if i ride the sled, the engine runs ok.

First, no damage will occur to engine.
When the guage reads scale, its in calibration mode. To stop the guage from doing this you need to hold down the button as you start the sled.

aggraa

Reaction score
i noticed condensation in the gauge..so took it off and dried it in the house overnight ...the rubber for the button was split on the underside and the hole had filled with ice!
re-fitted the gauge in the morning and after 2 starts it all settled back to normal....but i still have condensation inside the gauge..i looked at removing the clear face and drying out...but with my club hands i think i will break it...do you think if i drill a small hole in the side...dry out again and seal with silicon it will be fine
and a drop of rubber glue on the split button?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scale is the adjustable part to tell the Speedo what size of drivers are on it.

from my HTC

Top Bottom