Sask Snow Thread 2010/11 Season

billy2guns

Reaction score
Let everyone know the snow conditions as they happen.

Kenosee lake is getting hit with some good snow and 50 km/hr winds. The ditches are real close to being sled worthy.:snowmobilers_wave:

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been snowing in weyburn for about 24hours now. about 10-15cm of new with a good couple inch base underneath.

Rufer19

Reaction score
Something like 10cm here in Swifty. Very fluffy right now so if we get some wind I imagine she'll be gone. Supposed to get real cold here they said on the radio -30`C with the windchill.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on heading to North Battleford or Saskatoon on Saturday. Was watching the radar all day and it looked like the storm hung out over that area for a while. Could use visual confirmation, but I'll propably be going regardless.:d

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup we got snow....... still bordeline for riding but i am sure there will be diehards out tomorrow.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup we got snow....... still bordeline for riding but i am sure there will be diehards out tomorrow.

Hey Tabster. Can I go for a break-in run North on trail 112A towards Warman/Rosthern? Is it trail or ditch? Relatively free of obstacles? Just want to spin the track for 50 or so miles, Nothing crazy.:beer:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Tabster. Can I go for a break-in run North on trail 112A towards Warman/Rosthern? Is it trail or ditch? Relatively free of obstacles? Just want to spin the track for 50 or so miles, Nothing crazy.:beer:

Still marginal.......... i would hold off till atleast the next dump....

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i went for a rip today and it needs another good 6" and to freeze. it was fun thats for sure, but still hitting some land mines that i wish i could have done without.

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've already run a tank of fuel this year. lol. might go out saturday if we get more.

Your pretty brave Andy, I'm waiting for more before I take my sleds out. I was out running my dogs today by the tree lines west of the Ethanol plant. There were a couple guys out sledding in the tree lines, didn't happen to be you did it?

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
You stage up at the old ball diamonds. You can go north to the look out points. South to the road boundary. West to the park boundary their is a fence and east obviously to the ball diamonds.

If you go out call ahead to make sure the area is open and please please please stay in bounds. It is one of the park wardens favorite excuses for shutting down the area...people going out of bounds.

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You stage up at the old ball diamonds. You can go north to the look out points. South to the road boundary. West to the park boundary their is a fence and east obviously to the ball diamonds.

If you go out call ahead to make sure the area is open and please please please stay in bounds. It is one of the park wardens favorite excuses for shutting down the area...people going out of bounds.

How is the riding/snow conditions there? Is it just trails?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Nope no trails....you make your own...their is lots of different stuff out there...rolling hills, deep meadows, flat open areas. As far as snow conditions it really depends on the year we go threw everything from hard pack to deep powder.

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your pretty brave Andy, I'm waiting for more before I take my sleds out. I was out running my dogs today by the tree lines west of the Ethanol plant. There were a couple guys out sledding in the tree lines, didn't happen to be you did it?

nope wasn't me. when we went out on the first big snowfall on remembrance day we stuck to ditchs and a few tree lines east of town two miles by doc stewarts farm. we went out on sunday for most of the day. started at my buddies farm three miles east of town went south to the dump road. than played on the east side of hwy 35 south(BIG bank up the ditch.) we than cut across and played on the old dike behind minards. hit up can tire cause buddy needed plugs, stopped for coffee at timmys than headed back to the dump road and went down the highway to nickle lake to see if there was any pow in the trees there(not much of anything really). all in all it was a really good day out. stubble fields are pretty good. nice base underneath so not many rocks to hit.

were abouts do you ride around town? if at all.

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with all the recent snow, how are the snow conditions around the province???? Anyone been out much??? Let hear em / see em.

billy2guns

Reaction score
So with all the recent snow, how are the snow conditions around the province???? Anyone been out much??? Let hear em / see em.

Carlyle and Kenosee has pretty good snow. It is still snowing as i write this.

There is talk of the local club opening there trail next week.

I am still unsure of the lakes they didnt have much time to set up before all this snow hit. If anyone has anything to add to this please do!

Alll i can say is this is definatly a bonus month for sledding around here :d

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was just out snowblown the driveway here in weyburn. looks like close to 4 or 5 inchs since this a.m.

haven't checked out the lake here yet but i did have to drive over the river in one spot and i didn't break through(was going about 40mph tho)

Top Bottom