sad day

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
WOW! I can't even describe how the knot in my stomach feels! This is terrible! This death more than any others hit home... from Etown (originally) and have played on the hill that took Ryan's life... creapy feeling!

I really hate reading these posts and my wife hates them even more! My thoughts are with the friends and family of Ryan!

Please be safe out there peeps!

Braden

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
There are no words we can post that will make the situation any easier for those involve. I can, as experience has taught me personally, say that time will soften the blow received by so many yesterday.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a very sad day I cannot even imagine what the family and freinds are going through at this time. I hope we do not see another post like this one the rest of this season.

Britt

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another very hard thread to read. Be proud of your efforts to save Ryan.You could have went the other way,but you tried.And thats all we can do.
Thanks for posting,it must be very hard,but we all must stick together in the good times and the bad.

Condolences to his family and friends.

willhickey

Reaction score
I think that I should start out by saying thank goodness that we only lost one friend, eventhough one is one to many. Be proud of your efforts, and that you did all that you could. Not many would go for two hours hoping for a miracle. Be proud of that. I did not know Ryan however I offer out my sincearest condolences to the family, and to his friends that was there with him. I am hopeing that his family will know as mine does that if the mountain shall take us, it will take us doing something that we love to do. Be safe out there.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Steve, My condolences to you and Ryans family and all the widowmakers.
Back in November I was supposed to hook up with you guys and Rene but had to go to work instead of riding with you guys during the week.I was at the lodge when Rene delivered a snow pulse to Revy for one of you. I feel for you all because I know how close you all are and have looked forward to riding with you all one day. This is a real sad year that has me thinking about my future in the sport.
Once again I am really sorry for your group and hope that this is the last one we read about this year.Rest in peace.

Dave

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
..PAUL CHRIS BRUCE ANDREW KEN CORY ROGER STEVE Friends & Family..

So sorry for your loss!...:(.. Be strong, don't let it keep you from doing what you love!...

...R.I.P. Ryan!!

Jason & Family!!

GRD

Reaction score
My sincerest condolences to the family and friends. Also, I can't imagine what you guys that tried to save him are going through. Rest in peace Ryan.

Last edited:

Frenchie

Reaction score
Dear Edmonton Boys and Family,

This is Angele, Frenchie's fiancee. I cannot explain the depth of sorrow and pain Felix and I have with the news of this tragic event. We keep you close to our hearts and send out our sincerest prayers for you and your families.

As a future wife of a passionate snowmobiler, there is not a day that goes by that I fear that same phone call. But then again, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of the joy, and satisfaction that snowmobile brings to many of you. To have had the opportunity to snowmobile with you, watching you do what you do best, to see your smiles and hear your laughs brought me joy. Above all, snowmobiling brought me great friendships. You have been a strong pillar during my training, and continue to bring me strength and perseverance.

Keeping you all close to my heart.

Angele

Furface

Reaction score
Words cant explain the heartache and sorrow one feels when you lose a dear friend in such a tragic event as the one myself and fellow brothers experienced this weekend. Our lives will be forever scared and our friend will be forever missed. To all my other brothers i could not be more proud with the effort that was put forth. I would also like to thank from the bottom of my heart the group of riders that came to our aid. My heart felt condolences to his wife and family. God bless all.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Extended sympathies and condolences to the family and friends. To Ryan's buddies that were with him and tried their best to save him, be strong and rely on the support that is around you; you did your best. God bless.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sincere condolences.:(

It makes my heart heavy every time I hear of these tragic deaths, It makes it tougher when you know exactly where it happened. I have ridden past that area many a time and it will haunt me forever now.

Take Care

Mark

I Dare Ya Rene!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglevalleymarine.com
Ryan was my little buddy with the big laugh, I will miss him. I will miss his huge arguements with the boys on whose sled worked the best! I will miss his gloating after taking big cash from you boys in Poker corner! We had a good talk at the bar in Revy last month, now I only wish I would have stayed and talked to him longer. He definetly lived life to the fullest!!! The Lodge will not be the same without him. I have lots to say but my emotions right now prevent me from typing. Rest in Peace Ryan.

Rene

Top Bottom