sad day

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is very hard to wright tonight,as tears run down my cheek.it is with great sadness tosay that we lost our friend,our brother ryan yesterday in valemont.we were a group of 7 experianced sledders ,sledding this area for the last 9-10 years.we stayed close to the cabin near the wind tunnel,between the 7 of us we pulled 65-70 runs up the hill between 11:00-1:50. the hill had all ready released on the right side before we started to play and enjoy our day.i was up on top of the hill taking pitures when ryan pulled to the right.as he tunned out eveything let go . 5 of us on top one going down.we ran and made it to safty,did a head count and realizes that ryan was under.15 mins to locate and dig down 6 feet .we administered between us mouth to mouth and cpr for 2 hours hopeing for a mirical until medical help arrived.he did not make it.i cannot exlain the great lost, our thanks to the vailmont rcmp,the coroner,and victoms services. may all your climbs be a mile high up in the big sky ryan love you and miss you.your brothers PAUL CHRIS BRUCE ANDREW KEN CORY ROGER AND STEVE

Last edited:

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is very hard to wright tonight,as tears run down my cheek.it is with great sadness tosay that we lost our friend,our brother ryan yesterday in valemont.we were a group of 7 experianced sledders ,sledding this area for the last 9-10 years.we stayed close to the cabin near the wind tunnel,between the 7 of us we pulled 65-70 runs up the hill between 11:00-1:50. the hill had all ready released on the right side before we started to play and enjoy our day.i was up on top of the hill taking pitures when ryan pulled to the right.as he tunned out eveything let go . 5 of us on top one going down.we ran and made it to safty,did a head count and realizes that ryan was under.15 mins to locate and dig down 6 feet .we administered between us mouth to mouth and cpr for 2 hours hopeing for a mirical until medical help arrived.he did not make it.i cannot exlain the great lost, our thanks to the vailmont rcmp,the coroner,and victoms services. may all your climbs be a mile high up in the big sky ryan love you and miss you.your brothers PAUL CHRIS BRUCE ANDREW KEN CORY AND STEVE

takes great courage and strength to post this Godspeed RYAN you had awesome friends :(

can't imagine ...you all did wonderful and I am sure that he would have done the same for you

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats terrible news, my deepest sympathys to all his friends and family.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm truly sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing. It is a very sad day indeed.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is very hard to wright tonight,as tears run down my cheek.it is with great sadness tosay that we lost our friend,our brother ryan yesterday in valemont.we were a group of 7 experianced sledders ,sledding this area for the last 9-10 years.we stayed close to the cabin near the wind tunnel,between the 7 of us we pulled 65-70 runs up the hill between 11:00-1:50. the hill had all ready released on the right side before we started to play and enjoy our day.i was up on top of the hill taking pitures when ryan pulled to the right.as he tunned out eveything let go . 5 of us on top one going down.we ran and made it to safty,did a head count and realizes that ryan was under.15 mins to locate and dig down 6 feet .we administered between us mouth to mouth and cpr for 2 hours hopeing for a mirical until medical help arrived.he did not make it.i cannot exlain the great lost, our thanks to the vailmont rcmp,the coroner,and victoms services. may all your climbs be a mile high up in the big sky ryan love you and miss you.your brothers PAUL CHRIS BRUCE ANDREW KEN CORY AND STEVE

My God,

Dear Lord.
Please, All of us. Let us bow our heads and pray. For these men before us. Let us send our deepest condolences, and respect. Please let them know, that what they did to help Ryan, that no man shall be ashamed of what happened that day. That, Ryan may find his peace in heaven. That his family, and friends, have all of our thoughts. God Bless all of you.

LET US PRAY

AMEN.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am so sad andsick feeling to read this thread.. I heart and prayers and thoughts go out to all involved.. Ryan was a great guy. He will be greatly missed and may all your days from hear on be filled with powder and hills.. You will be missed.. Our condolences go out to all friends and family..

cobbycat

Reaction score
my heart and thoughts are with you boys and so sorry to hear of another comrade down.

scarry season out there boys, be careful.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be strong, took great courage to write the update, From my family to yours we send our condolences and prayers. Tom, Yasna and Robert.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
God is talking to us, but we're just not listening. He gave us this great earth to enjoy and for the most part lets us do with it as we please. For what ever reason he wishes that pay more respect to the mountains at this time and has told us so. We fail to listen to him and he keeps reminding us. People let's not let our lost fellow sledders lives be wasted. God has taken then from us and delivered them to eternal powder in the sky. Until we start listening to him he will continue to take us one by one. Maybe it's time we take a look at the bigger picture and not be so self indulgent. It is these unfortunate incidents that draw us all closer to one another. This is God's will. Say hello to your neighbor, pass on a kind word to a total stranger help a person in need. If we don't start listening to the messages that he is sending us we will condemn our lost comrades to purgatory. My heart fealt condolenences to the friends and families of all our lost sledders. May they Rest in Peace

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh no - another thread that is so very hard to read. I cannot say anything that will bring comfort, but know that people care and are praying for the family and friends of Ryan.

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Thanks for the call today Steve , my stomach sumk like a rock and tears rolled for the loss of a good friend ,who was doing what he enjoyed , Ryan will be missed by all that he ever had contact with . Our thoughts and prayers go to the family and friends of Ryan.

Eric & all at Specialty Sleds

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since i got the message from steve today it's been a tough day.. Because ryan was a great guy like i stated before, and i'll miss him.. There will be alot of people that misss that guy.. In the days to come we'll be think about you guys steve, paul, chris, and the others that were there, I cant imagine what you are going thru.. Our prayers and thoughts will be going out to you guys.. Just thinking about it all makes me get all teary eyed again.. From all of us at Spindrift we say we are sorry for your loss and offer our condolences.. Like the song says the good die young..

He was also a member here on snow and mud.

Last edited:

kris

Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. May time heal all your pain. Your friend has joined a large group of sledders that God has called up this winter he is in good company up there. Thanks for sharing it helps to remind all of us that our time can come at anytime so enjoy every breath god grants us.

Top Bottom