Sacked out XP

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I've got my Xp in to my dealer for some updates and what not and today they told me that my rear shock is pooched and they won't have a replacement until next Tuesday. Its under warranty but my problem is that I want to leave tomorrow sledding in McBride.
My question is where can I get a shock for it tomorrow and what kind should I get, what size doo I need etc. etc. and what's it going to cost me??? Should I put the trip off till the following weekend and put another stocker in it? Thanks any help is appreciated.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your dealer is worth his salt he will pooch one from an XP in stock to help you out.

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got my Xp in to my dealer for some updates and what not and today they told me that my rear shock is pooched and they won't have a replacement until next Tuesday. Its under warranty but my problem is that I want to leave tomorrow sledding in McBride.
My question is where can I get a shock for it tomorrow and what kind should I get, what size doo I need etc. etc. and what's it going to cost me??? Should I put the trip off till the following weekend and put another stocker in it? Thanks any help is appreciated.

Hey Darcy.....If you are still in a bind, you can come steal the one of of my XP if you want.........just give me a call at the office tomorrow or call my cell 706-0543

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Darcy.....If you are still in a bind, you can come steal the one of of my XP if you want.........just give me a call at the office tomorrow or call my cell 706-0543

You're a good man Cousin Luc...............nomatter what they say!:d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least part of your sled will be in the mountains this weekend luc.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you would think the dealer would take one off a machine in stock and when the replacement comes in just put it on the machine he took it off of..ecko cycle robbed a axle off a quad for me because mine would'nt be in until after a may long week end.i would think if a dealer would'nt do this type of service they are a bunch of lazy biotches and i would soon be dealing somewhere else.bet they had no trouble taking your money did they?:beer:

sledhead65

Reaction score
Hey there, i have the original shocks from my 08 i could probably trade ya a bottle of crown for, i went to fox zero pros on my rear skid, they were a great upgrade, this year i have the new holz skid waiting for me when i get home, i know the original shocks arent the greatest but a back up set wouldnt be bad, i should be back in canada at month end..... i hope

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
you would think the dealer would take one off a machine in stock and when the replacement comes in just put it on the machine he took it off of..ecko cycle robbed a axle off a quad for me because mine would'nt be in until after a may long week end.i would think if a dealer would'nt do this type of service they are a bunch of lazy biotches and i would soon be dealing somewhere else.bet they had no trouble taking your money did they?:beer:

No they definatley didn't have any trouble taking my money :eek: I'm just waiting for a call back from the dealer they said it was not possible to take a shock off a new unit but they would find another option for me. I doo not want this thread to turn into any kind of bashing session on dealers or brand. My dealer has been great and in my opinion BRP has stood behind their product for me thus far. After all it was the dealer that brought the issue to me and I'm thankfull for that.
Thanks to all that have offered thier assistance with this.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
It's good news Darcy. Guess your sledding this weekend.
No they definatley didn't have any trouble taking my money :eek: I'm just waiting for a call back from the dealer they said it was not possible to take a shock off a new unit but they would find another option for me. I doo not want this thread to turn into any kind of bashing session on dealers or brand. My dealer has been great and in my opinion BRP has stood behind their product for me thus far. After all it was the dealer that brought the issue to me and I'm thankfull for that.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What I'm curious on is why these dealers can't keep stock anymore? You sold 50-100 XP's last year, maybe you should stock a few parts? I would think items like rails, wheels, skis, arms, a few motor parts, and maybe some of the other items that are commonly abused wouldn't take up too much room in the back and would keep guys coming back if they could buy a part, take it home and install it, instead of waiting a week for it.

As for him not taking a shock off a new one, why not?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
last year i blew a chaincae bearing and our local polaris shop (well close enough to local) didnt have that bearing in stock, and its a very common sized bearing, kinda ticks you off

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your really stuck i have takeoffs from my 09 and am heading to golden on saturday for a day ride

willhickey

Reaction score
My dealer loaned me there demo sled for a month while they waited for parts. It was great. When I picked it up it had .4 miles on it. By the time they had parts and my sled was all back together it had a little over 400. I thought that I would have to pitch in a little for the amount of miles, but never said a word when I told him how many miles were on it. Took it to the mountains twice. I can tell ya they earned my business for many years.:thumbsup2: Thanks Camrose farm equiptment. (Plug)

Top Bottom