s36 install

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Father in law bought the new kit ( guess they changed it from last year) so it is my job to install it. Anyone know if the pipe needs to come out?
The kit looks like a great deal. Think this might be the lowest mile 08 out their 535 miles still on original belt. IMG_20120918_204752.jpg
IMG_20120919_204325.jpg

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see the problem you have... thats artic cat oil on the bench.... lol your doomed from the start

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see the problem you have... thats artic cat oil on the bench.... lol your doomed from the start

Baaaaaaaaaaaa.

The chitty kitty oil is to lube the bushings Mabe. That's all its good for

sent from my htc

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No the oil is for the cat that will do everything better then the doo,

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I have to bring the arms into work and press the ball joints in. Sled is all apart though

dooradical

Reaction score
Just installed the same kit on the 08 I bought this summer. You beat me on miles though. Mine has 730 and is on the original belt too. The instructions say this but some don't do it too avid a sacrifice of a wrench but I would highly recent that you grind down 15mm wrench. Made the job go smoother. Also the paint on the a arms will make pressing the ball joints in a bit harder when dry so put a spot of oil or some other kind of lube in there before you press it in.

Sent from my Asus Transformer using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get them pressed in. I tried the ol freezer/oven trick, with no luck on the larger ones. even pounded them with no luck.

For a small fee, probably 1/4 of what a dealer would charge, there is a guy his name is Ed. He owns the speedy auto on Gateway and 45th He is a fellow sledder and helped me out.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pressed in 3 sets for guys last year at my shop... but your not in Cowtown so that wont help

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the dealer do it cost 20 bucks. It is done but my phone will not let me upload pictures

NWT Sledder

Reaction score
I installed the S36 kit on my 08 summit this summer. I used a vice and large sockets to push in the ball joints. I had to use an 8" vice, the 4" wouldn't fit. Also, I used a heat gun on the outer, and put the inner in the freezer. They pressed in with a "firm" amount of force.

My problem is the bottom of the ball joints that attach to the spindle. When I try to tighten the bolts on the bottom half of the ball joint,, they just rotate in the ball.

Any ideas?

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed the S36 kit on my 08 summit this summer. I used a vice and large sockets to push in the ball joints. I had to use an 8" vice, the 4" wouldn't fit. Also, I used a heat gun on the outer, and put the inner in the freezer. They pressed in with a "firm" amount of force.

My problem is the bottom of the ball joints that attach to the spindle. When I try to tighten the bolts on the bottom half of the ball joint,, they just rotate in the ball.

Any ideas?

Air impact for the two sets we did and they tightened up. The ball spins a bit till it tightens in the spindle than it stops and tightens right up.

stormcp

Reaction score
Just let the weight of the sled down onto skis. It holds enough to get it right tight. Did it last week.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got it all done first ride on it. i have to say it is a better sled now

Top Bottom