S-36 kit steering issues.

wildalberta

Reaction score
I did the s-36 kit on my 09 and now the steering is incredibly stiff. It is aligned and tge balljoints appear to be moving freely. I dont know where to start troubleshooting?

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the s-36 kit on my 09 and now the steering is incredibly stiff. It is aligned and tge balljoints appear to be moving freely. I dont know where to start troubleshooting?

I think i would start by removing the outer tie rod ends and see if each side moves freely by itself or if it is in the post.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take a look at the lower control arm where the tie rod sleeve gets close to the torsion bar mount... is it hitting? or is it stiff when lifted off the floor or when your on it

wildalberta

Reaction score
The tie rods do not touch and the steering is normal under weight but at full droop its binding. Looks like the upper ball joint is at a pretty wicked angle. It is deffinatly the knuckle cuz it is the same with tierod off.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a right and a left side. Don't know if that would cause you your issues if it is backwards.

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
The plastic pieces that are ground out for the steering post at the bottom must go in a certain way....maybe you have reversed them and they are upside down?

Top Bottom