Rzr-s Lift Kit... Good or Bad???

DieselJ19

Reaction score
I recetly picked up a 2012 rzr-s and am thinking about installing a 2" lift kit. Just wondering if anyone has any info on whether or not its a good idea. The last thing I want is to have a machine the bust axles every ride. Just wondering how the running gear has been holding up when lifted?
Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you are putting.on larger tire why bother ground clearance will not change

Sent from my S4

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You obviously have no clue how to measure ground clearance trust me adding lift kit does not add any ground clearance only larger tires do

Sent from my S4

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also if you went from from say a 26" tire to a 28" tire you would only gain 1" in ground clearance

Sent from my S4

Bradvtown

Reaction score
If you put on a 2" bracket lift you will get approx 1 1/2"-2" lift. I have one on my 12' S and also cranked the shocks up to get a little more clearance, and yes you get more clearance under the razor just not the lower parts of the a-arms is what gordhunt is refering to. What hangs you up is under the razor not your a-arms. It does add a little more stress to the axles but with my 28" silverbacks, lift and shocks cranked I haven't busted any axles.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You obviously have no clue how to measure ground clearance trust me adding lift kit does not add any ground clearance only larger tires do

Sent from my S4

True on a solid axle, indepentant axle lift along with taller tires will get you ground clearance.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will get close to 2 inchs more ground clearance under your skid plate..........better axles are a must though ,sooner or later. The stock axles after the 2010 model year do not tolerate the lifts very well if at all.....racer tech and EMP make solid lifts for the rzr S. I have used both and prefer them over the a arm mounted bracket lift. The two i mentioned bolt to the top of your shock tower and work really well....

Last edited:

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sent from my S4

Measured the front and rear of mine to the floor. Put a 2.5" lift in and measured again, the floor was 2.5" farther away??? What did I do wrong???

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You driving a 300 honda there tonto? Otherwise can i get an ounce of yer smokin material. Sounds like it's good stuff. Ps. There are other quads than honda 300's

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also if you went from from say a 26" tire to a 28" tire you would only gain 1" in ground clearance

Sent from my S4

True but... You will also loose 1" of fender clearence. Math sucks.

Last edited:

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man im glad that problem was solved.. my head hurts

Excuse my ignorance, from 2010-2013 were the axles changed or is there still a need to install stronger axles?
;)

Last edited:

eoo

Reaction score
put a 2" emp lift and 29.5 x 10 x14 terminators on my 2010 rzr s this winter. did a few rallies this spring and everything is good, no broken parts.:d

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a 2" EMP on my 2012 S. Turned up the shocks a little and removed the sway bars. gave it a nice amount of lift and made it ride amazing without the sway bar. And with 29.5 outlaws, I never broke a thing.

Top Bottom