RZR question

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the wife and i are borrowing the mother in laws new RZR this week-end and heading to Rocky. What is the deepest water hole i can attempt with-out any risk of taking on water in the air box? This baby was just on the showrrom floor 3 weeks ago and has only seen her lawn:eek:. I should mention it's completely stock with no snorkles. Thanks.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Hmmm not sure where the intake is but if yer nards get wet....prolly to deep

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Showtime they will take lots of water. Mine is stock and I've had it deep enough to where my legs where completly covered.The thing never missed a beat. I was only in that deep because of a bit of a fug up, I wouldn't normally go that deep with it.
One thing I did notice is that you must fill them up a little with water before crossing a swift river. If you barge into it to quickly the belly pan acts like a boat and the current takes you with it for awhile :eek: Just ease into it ;)
Heres a link to a little water bashing with the RZR

Where abouts are you camping at?

Last edited:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Showtime they will take lots of water. Mine is stock and I've had it deep enough to where my legs where completly covered.The thing never missed a beat. I was only in that deep because of a bit of a fug up, I wouldn't normally go that deep with it.
One thing I did notice is that you must fill them up a little with water before crossing a swift river. If you barge into it to quickly the belly pan acts like a boat and the current takes you with it for awhile :eek: Just ease into it ;)
Heres a link to a little water bashing with the RZR

Where abouts are you camping at?

Sweet vid thanks. That makes me feel alot better, i don't plan on going that deep but want to know the boundries as this will be the first time anyone in my quad group has ridin' with a sideXside and they're really doubting it's potential so alittle show of it expected:d

we're headed to Chamber's for the week-end & in case any thieving bastards are reading this all bikes will be chained and locked in enclosed trailers. JERKS.

SumX, if your close by your more than welcome to come along, send a PM if interested. Cheers.

chucker

Reaction score
I have had a RZR for a few years and love it. I have 26" tires, 2" lift kit and a snorkle, so I can get real wet. In a stock RZR, if your arse gets wet, thats deep enough. The air intake is on the back panel,between the seats. The air box infront on the rear tire should not get wet. Have fun in the mud.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chucker, i know the box you're talking about, it's right there in the open in front of the rear tire, it looks pretty well sealed but i was concerned about a tree branch smackin' it. Is there a drain for the belt drive? i know in the past ATV's put a drain plug so if it does get wet you just drop the plug and let it drain out.

sounds like you can go pretty deep with these things stock without having to many issues. Can't wait, it will be a first for me as well in the bush with a side X side. couple more days.:d

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet vid thanks. That makes me feel alot better, i don't plan on going that deep but want to know the boundries as this will be the first time anyone in my quad group has ridin' with a sideXside and they're really doubting it's potential so alittle show of it expected:d

we're headed to Chamber's for the week-end & in case any thieving bastards are reading this all bikes will be chained and locked in enclosed trailers. JERKS.

SumX, if your close by your more than welcome to come along, send a PM if interested. Cheers.

Don't go in the mudhole I went in!! "First Ride Chambers Cr"

Attachments

• DSCF3508.jpg
    DSCF3508.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 43

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The belt vent is about the lowest point, located just below the underside of the box. I've filled my belly button with water and made it out alive.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the filter problem was fixed for the '09 models. Water is still a little to cold for my liking so once my nuts are getting wet I'm turning for shallower water...:d

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to Hijack..........but i was wondering if there are front racks out there for the rzr????

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, all i have to say is i'm really impressed on how this thing compared to the big quads. Went through the mud/ skag well, comfortable and surpizingly stable on the side slope. My biggest issue which is to be expected is navagating through the bush when a tree has fallen on the trail....lot's of forward/ reverse to follow a quads track which is due to it's length. I tried jumping it and nose dove it everytime so it seems the front end is heavier which surprixes me with the motor mounted at the rear. Just finished washing it up last night so tonight i can polish and return to mother in law to drive around the lawn.

Top Bottom