Running Boards

R_janssen

Reaction score
Thinking of putting on a set of boards on my 2012 XP. Just curious what others have put on and how they like them? I like the look of the JT Panels - they are just inserts. Am I better going with an insert, like JT panels or a full board like the airframes? Thanks

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of putting on a set of boards on my 2012 XP. Just curious what others have put on and how they like them? I like the look of the JT Panels - they are just inserts. Am I better going with an insert, like JT panels or a full board like the airframes? Thanks

Ive done both......and honestly dont waste your money on anything other than the tubular ones. There is no comparison at all. With the tube ones you never even think about traction because it is perfect all the time. I found the inserts to be just a bit better than stock.

Last edited:

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the BM boards, really like em. One of the better mods I've done. Paid $400 for mine I believe.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with a set of Better Boards and I wish I would have gone tubular. If you're a big guy like me (240 before gear) don't mess around.

Its amazing how tough they are hey? Im the same size as you and my skinz ones look just like new. Not even a hint of a bend to them.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, 235lbs before gear here too. Awesome traction and zero snow on the boards. A little up front in the foot wells as you might expect.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive done both......and honestly dont waste your money on anything other than the tubular ones. There is no comparison at all. With the tube ones you never even think about traction because it is perfect all the time. I found the inserts to be just a bit better than stock.

I actually have a set of new B and M tubular boards for sale if you or anyone else is interested. $400

I'd be very interested if I hadn't already spent $300 on boards last year.. I'm sure you'll sell them fast. If something changes, I'll send you a PM.

aderry

Reaction score
B&M fabrications they make running boards, and other stuff check out there website. I also think a couple guys on here sell there products.

R_janssen

Reaction score
Went with the JT Sports board insert. Install was pretty straight forward and have a good look to them. Feel strong too.

u6y4yje4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Top Bottom