Ruby Falls Ride 2008

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kim and I will be going to Ruby Falls on Aug 9, 2008. Anyone wishing to have a guided tour is welcome to join us. This is a Family Ride.

Pics from last year are here. Bring a camera.

The plan is to:
I`ll post driving directions if needed.

Expect cool evening temperatures.

Forestry will be at the staging area, so expect to be checked for insurance and registration and except fines if you leave a fire unattended.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Gary looks good. Always wanted to go intro that part of the province. Hey DL want to go together as a group? I bet Ron would go also

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That looks like fun,will see what we got going on that weekend,Nice visiting with you guys last night Gary.
catmando!

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be my last weekend of holidays and should still be up there. May have to try this, if we do not do it earlier

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds very promising. I'll let you know as we get closer if I can make it for sure. I'd love to get some general details (or even a google map marker) of the staging area.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds very promising. I'll let you know as we get closer if I can make it for sure. I'd love to get some general details (or even a google map marker) of the staging area.

Plug these coordinates into Google Maps for the staging area: N52 52.015 W116 56.870

leftyq

Reaction score
showed the wife the info for going to ruby falls ...she's heard about ruby's falls from co-workers and wouldn't mind joining with on this ride....she's just got switch weekends with someone . will know as the date get closer if she can

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how is that road from Cadomin to the staging area? is the stating point itself that old abandoned campground, or is it the open area near the creek? I rode it on a quad a few years back and it wasn't pleasant.. I assume a 4x4 truck is mandatory? I'd hate to bring a camper in there if it is where I think it is...

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will there be meeting place in edson

Yes, we will pick a meeting area. If people want to eat before leaving Edson then we will meet at a restarant and if not, then likely we can meet at one of the shops I manage.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how is that road from Cadomin to the staging area? is the stating point itself that old abandoned campground, or is it the open area near the creek? I rode it on a quad a few years back and it wasn't pleasant.. I assume a 4x4 truck is mandatory? I'd hate to bring a camper in there if it is where I think it is...

We will come in from the Robb side... the road is far better and the trip far shorter. No 4X4 required. I have a brand new truck and camper that I am not going to beat up. Last time I was in there the gravel road was better than the paved streets in Edson... Seriously.

Staging area is where Rudy creek runs into the Cardnial River.

leftyq

Reaction score
hi Garry .. i hope you don't mind that i had posted this trip to ruby falls on the outlaw atv site ...there's seems to be a bit of interest from some more fellow riders that's never been to ruby falls

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dang it, I wasn't paying attention to my schedule. Being as I'm off on the long weekend I have to work the weekend of the 9th. Wish I could have been there. Have fun.

leftyq

Reaction score
the wife had manage to get someone to go in for her that weekend , she's looking forward to go up there after hearing so much about it and seeing the pictures you got posted ...if you can let us know the time and place to meet in Edson we'll be there ....

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All things considered I'll probably tag along so long as I haven't killed my machine by then. Let me know where we're all meeting up. I'll be pulling my machine with the fancy company van ;)

Top Bottom