rubbing sounds?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i put a 151 on my 99 summit 600...and when i go trough the powder it makes a rubbing sound....i think my paddles are hitting something..what should i do to stop this??

put drop brackets on? if so how big and what kind?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I THINK THE '99 600 WAS IN THE S2000 CHASSIS, AND THE 600 ONLY CAME WITH A 1 3/4" TRACK AS DID THE '99 670X.... THERE PROBABLY WON'T BE ENOUGH CLEARANCE FOR A 2" TRACK, SO YOU MAY HAVE TO INSTALL SMALLER DRIVERS, OR DROP AND ROLL I YOU WANT A 2" TRACK UNDERNEATH.
THIS MIGHT HELP:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I THINK THE '99 600 WAS IN THE S2000 CHASSIS, AND THE 600 ONLY CAME WITH A 1 3/4" TRACK AS DID THE '99 670X.... THERE PROBABLY WON'T BE ENOUGH CLEARANCE FOR A 2" TRACK, SO YOU MAY HAVE TO INSTALL SMALLER DRIVERS, OR DROP AND ROLL I YOU WANT A 2" TRACK UNDERNEATH.
THIS MIGHT HELP:

99 600 was in zx chassis

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it is the zx chassis and i went down ton 8 tooth driver...there is clearance up front...it only happens in the powder/deep snow...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is it rubbing? How much clearance do you have at the front near the drivers? Could be sucking in snow and pushing it around the drivers and rubbing? How loose is your track?

To find the tightest spot in the tunnel and possible candidate for where it is rubbing, put a big dab of grease on one of your paddles and roll the track by hand, whereever the grease smears on the tunnel, that is the tightest spot.

Drop brackets can be had anywhere. Don't drop the rear too much or you will have transfer issues.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 s chassis with a 151x2 i had to install drop brackets because it was just barely touching the rear end of the coolers. It was just enought to turn the clamps but enough to make noise and drive you nuts. But that was mostly when jumping and landing or going at a steep incline. :d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Could the track be too tight and giving you that "whirring" sound in deep powder under load, or could it possibly be too loose, and maybe getting a "ratchet" sound???? Maybe elaborate more on the type of sound the sled is making?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Just shot in the dark here but I thought I was rubbing this weekend after putting on a new track...turns out it wasn't the track at all it was the chain, it was to loose and would slip under high torque....didn't happen with the old track because it didn't grab enough to make the chain slip.

Just a thought because I would have sworn my track was rubbin.

Bogger:beer:

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my track is not ratcheting and i might loosen it off...but i dont think its the chain either becuase its even goin across flat...its only in the deep

Top Bottom