Room at Glacier House in Revy

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a room at the Glacier House for 4 nights From Dec 26 (Boxing Day) checking out Tues Dec 30th?
We reserved it and they required full payment up front but due to unfortunate circumstances we can't go now. I called to cancel the reservation but they won't cancel it and I cannot get my money back unless someone else takes the room.
Its a medium size stand alone cabin that has 3 beds. Never stayed at Glacier House before,but its supposed to be an awesome place and you can ride right from your doorstep.
This Kinda cheezes me off cause I am going to re-schedule the trip in the new year but if they won't refund my money why should I turn around and give them more business?. I can't imagine they would have a hard time booking that room during such a busy time of year.
Please let me know if anyone is interested.
Thanks

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what would it cost? may know a few people that might be interested

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
The room comes to $1104 for the 4 nights (based on 3 people).
Thats works out to $276/night.

krazy ken

Reaction score
Stayed there on Nov 24-26. Left a day earlier would not refund either, poor snow condition. Rented cabin with hot tub, one gueen bed and two small singles, not very comfy when all of use were 6' or over. Food is terrible waited 1 1\2 hrs for cold steak and was pricey. Cabin was $240 a night can stay at Gateway suite room with 4 gueen beds for $120. Not going to Glacier House anymore.

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Stayed there on Nov 24-26. Left a day earlier would not refund either, poor snow condition. Rented cabin with hot tub, one gueen bed and two small singles, not very comfy when all of use were 6' or over. Food is terrible waited 1 1\2 hrs for cold steak and was pricey. Cabin was $240 a night can stay at Gateway suite room with 4 gueen beds for $120. Not going to Glacier House anymore.

Hmmm, sorry bout your bad experience. Don't like my chances of finding someone to take my room after that report.
Thanks Ken

krazy ken

Reaction score
Nice place if you don't want to travel after riding, order food. They just don't do the finishing touches.

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Aside from the bad experience that Ken had, I was actually referred to the Glacier house by friends who have been there and had a great experience.
Its like anything, everyone has different experiences and different oppinions. If I said Skidoo makes the best sled, I would have tons of people who have had bad experiences with Skidoo and would disagree.
(For the record...Skidoo does make the best sled : ) )

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed at the glacier house before. Was ok, just took a loooooooooong time for food at the restuarant. Clean rooms, sled right from the hotel. I would probably stay there again.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i was at glacier house on the 21st - 23rd of november and i thought it was great food wasn't the best but yet I am a chef so i didn't think the food would be great with the clientel there going for. I stayed in one of the rooms not a cabin and it was comfy. I would go back.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I stayed there for a weekend in April of 2007. Had no issues with speed of food, or quality of food, or speed of drink service, found the room to be quite nice and the staff to be very helpful and friendly.... :twocents:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've stayed there many times. the food isn't the greatest, but that's not what i'm there for. i like that i can ride right from my cabin door, and i always get a cabin with a hot tub!!!!!!!!! as for food, town is all of 10 mins away, that i will drive for, or get a cab(cheap cheap) or even call zala's and they will come out in their limo and get you

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed there a couple of years in a row now and i found that two years ago it was great and service was good. prices were higher but you also did not have to leave the resort. Last year i stayed there and they were not as nice to deal with and everything seemed a little too pricey. I would go back but not till i try peaks or one of the other local hotels.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i used to stay there till i ask alex why fuel was higher in bc then alberta and he told me if i dont like it sled in alberta so that was the last time i stayed there and the wait for food is to long that i forgot what i ordered lol our group eat at zalls steak it is incredible there well thats my 2cents

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most Hotel's require 24 or 48 Hour Cancellation Period, it is only Dec.04
for Ch#@st Sakes

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i used to stay there till i ask alex why fuel was higher in bc then alberta and he told me if i dont like it sled in alberta so that was the last time i stayed there and the wait for food is to long that i forgot what i ordered lol our group eat at zalls steak it is incredible there well thats my 2cents
not trying to be THAT guy, but you need to punctuate that sentence, it's hard to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can not charge you for a room prior to you getting there. They can only pre-approve it just to make sure you can pay....but they can not charge you for a service you have not received. Do not be bullied or tricked. Call your credit card company and tell them you are not authorizing the charge and the card company will not allow them to charge. They have plenty of time to book that room that is just crap.

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Unfortunately they tell you up front that you are required to pay in full to reserve the room. I think that is their policy around x-mas. They fax you a credit card form that does clearly state that they require 60 days notice for cancellation. I explained that I would re-schedule in the new year but they didn't seem to care, they just seemed to be content that they had my money and didn't care if they pissed me off.
That said, I have found someone to take the room so at least I am not out $1100.
Doesn't seem like they are too concerned about repeat business though.:nono:

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately they tell you up front that you are required to pay in full to reserve the room. I think that is their policy around x-mas. They fax you a credit card form that does clearly state that they require 60 days notice for cancellation. I explained that I would re-schedule in the new year but they didn't seem to care, they just seemed to be content that they had my money and didn't care if they pissed me off.
That said, I have found someone to take the room so at least I am not out $1100.
Doesn't seem like they are too concerned about repeat business though.:nono:

Yea if you cancel they will take your money and then. rent it out for more than you payed in the begging. its dumb.

Top Bottom