Roll up the rim

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here ever actually won anything more than a coffee or doughnut from the stupid roll up the rim at timmies? It blows my mind that I can buy one, sometimes two coffee's a day, been doing it for the last 5 years or so and STILL have yet to win anything substantial. While I'm at it, EVERY other coffee place on the planet has figured out how to make a coffee lid, while timmies still pours all over my truck because they can't figure out how to make a damn lid. /rant.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for them to make a good coffee!!

Ever notice that on every street corner is a roll up the rim to win cup??

Tim+Hortons+litter+01.jpg

Anyone on here ever actually won anything more than a coffee or doughnut from the stupid roll up the rim at timmies? It blows my mind that I can buy one, sometimes two coffee's a day, been doing it for the last 5 years or so and STILL have yet to win anything substantial. While I'm at it, EVERY other coffee place on the planet has figured out how to make a coffee lid, while timmies still pours all over my truck because they can't figure out how to make a damn lid. /rant.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at work the other day and a friend brought two of those ten cup boxes there were about 20 cups with them at the end of the day the cups were still there. So what ever i rolled up like 12 and won just a coffee thought there was meant to be a winner every four cups lol.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll buy Tim's if I'm on the fly and don't have time to make my own at home. With that said give me a good mug of Kicking Horse grizzly claw or 454hp, kicks the chit outta timmies.

But no I've never won anything more than a doughnut. If I won the car I'd probably turn around and sell it, I really have no use for a Toyota RAV4 lol

Polaris Lady

Reaction score
Fernie teen rolls up the rim to win a car

From left: Sherry Teeple, Roll Up the Rim winner Leah Teeple, Tim Hortons owners Pierre Pelletier and Kristine Hovind-Pelletier, and Patty Saluk.
N. Liebermann
SHARE THIS STORY

Fernie teenager wins a car with a Roll Up The Rim To Win Tim Hortons cup
Fernie competition blooms
Fernie backcountry cabin opens to sledders
Fernie Griz pin winner announced!
Remembrance Day in Fernie
Fernie Library celebrates Christmas
By Nicole Liebermann - The Free Press
Published: February 25, 2013 2:00 PM
Updated: February 25, 2013 2:52 PM
16-year-old Leah Teeple got more than just a cup of coffee when she stopped at Tim Hortons in Fernie during her lunch break from school last Thursday. The grade 11 student ordered her usual double double and walked back to Fernie Secondary School, where she rolled up the rim of her coffee cup to discover she had won a car.

“The whole school knew before I really realized what I had won,” commented Leah. “I was excited but it hadn’t really sunk in yet, I was just in shock.”

Through Tim Hortons’ Rrroll Up the Rim to Win contest, Leah is now the proud owner of a brand new Toyota Rav 4, valued at around $32,000.

Leah will get the chance to get behind the wheel of her prize when it arrives in four to six weeks, but she will have to wait a little longer until she can take it out for a spin on her own. She explained, “I get my ‘N’ in June so then I can drive it all by myself.”

The contest began on February 18 and will see Tim Hortons customers across North America rolling up the rims of more than 260-million contest cups. Among the prizes are 100 prepaid MasterCards in the amount of $5,000, 1,000 Napoleon Gourmet Grills, as well as thousands of Tim Hortons gift cards and food prizes.

Just 40 Rav 4’s will be given away, and Fernie Tim Hortons owner Kristine Hovind-Pelletier was happy to see one of them go to a local.

“It's incredible that of all the cups distributed, Fernie got the winner,” she said. “Someone won a boat after getting a coffee from us a few years ago, but he was from Calgary. It's way more fun for us to see someone actually from Fernie win.”

The contest will continue until the end of April.

Ads by Google
Need a Fast Loan?

Apply online right now, we
have a location nearby!

Instaloans.ca/ApplyToday

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I've gotten 2 or 3 coffees every day since it started and still haven't even got a sniff

bell32

Reaction score
An old roommate of mine about 4 years ago won a boat. And I haven't even won a coffee this year

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here no winners not even a coffee and they are to slow for me, Macdonalds has a better deal as stated above with the muffin

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What get's me is when you go in with your own mug they give you an empty cup just to roll the rim, then toss the cup! What a waste, old Timmy needs a pull tab style as well for people who have their own cup! Come on Timmy! I agree as well, coffee sucks anyway, I need to be desperate before I will go there, but come on be a responsible retailer and cut down on the garbage.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drank timmies 3 times a day for 5 yrs, gained a lot of weight and started having chest pains! Never won more than a doughnut. I quit supporting timmies, lost nearly 60 lbs over 1 year of not drinking timmies coffee, still drink coffee just not timmies. Started researching timmies coffee to find out why I had to have it multiple times daily. It seems the MSG in their coffee was giving me the chest pains, and adding to my weight gain... SAVE your health, brew your own. Starbucks just as bad from research. I believe it was UBC students who busted this MSG crap.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have completely stopped drinking coffee. I had like a 3 day caffeine withdraw head ache when i stopped and now i dont really feel like i need it, once i wake up im good to go. Its weird.... i started drinking tea and im starting to get tired when i dont have it being it has 1/3 the amount of caffeine but not as bad as when i needed a cup or two of coffee in the morning and after lunch.

A guy at work has a grinder and a press. Once you have a cup of that coffee you will never drink drip or fast food shop coffee again. When i was drinking coffee it was the best stuff ever.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Tea drinker here too sledneck. Quit coffee many years ago and never looked back, bit I have to say a fresh pot brewing still smells awesome.
McD's is my tea place and after 6 I get a free one which is a nice bonus.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same symptoms a few years back. i was doing some construction work next to a timmy ho's and had like 3 a day. I also was getting chest pains or tightness in the chest.

Same with a co-worker. I didn't put the 2 together until I finished up at that site and stopped drinking there.

They have something in that coffee that is suspect. I now either drink Starbucks, or make my own in my Saeco coffee machine. I have tried it all and this id the best bar none.
I calculated it, and if I drink 1 large coffee a day, I will pay for this machine in 2 years, as opposed to buying starbucks..

saeco_syntia_stainless_steel.jpg

I drank timmies 3 times a day for 5 yrs, gained a lot of weight and started having chest pains! Never won more than a doughnut. I quit supporting timmies, lost nearly 60 lbs over 1 year of not drinking timmies coffee, still drink coffee just not timmies. Started researching timmies coffee to find out why I had to have it multiple times daily. It seems the MSG in their coffee was giving me the chest pains, and adding to my weight gain... SAVE your health, brew your own. Starbucks just as bad from research. I believe it was UBC students who busted this MSG crap.

Last edited:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart calculations! Nothing beats a home brew coffee. Grinding the fresh beans is the ultimate taste! It'll put fur on your man parts haha

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Powdergirl has won a few coffee's and donuts now.... I've won nothing but normally don't get hot drinks from there......

The guy who sits behind me here at work won a $100 gift card though, what a fiasco to claim it....

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart calculations! Nothing beats a home brew coffee. Grinding the fresh beans is the ultimate taste! It'll put fur on your man parts haha

Trim da hedge and yer deck will look bigger. Rather than looking like a button on a fur coat. Fack! Lol.

My wife won a 100 dollar Tim card 2 years ago. Had to wait 4 weeks to get that.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I'm not supporting the 70's down there yet haha!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drink Timmies with pride. They sponsor a lot of youth hockey, curling and are very community minded. Starbucks is tied to organizations that want to make sledders go away. Mickey D's? In it solely for the money.

Top Bottom