Rode Renshaw yesterday!-Dec 3.09

BOOSTED

Reaction score
Went to renshaw, trail was groomed and the snow cat was working on the last stretch then up to the cabin, after riding in sunshine and powder all day we went back to the cabin only to see the snowcat, we rode a PERFECT trail down....and I stress PERFECT!
Stock 800's with big tracks could only get about a quarter of the way up the wall, 300hp turbo made her half way!
Its been a couple years for me where I get the best, yesterday it was pure sunshine and powder....just doesnt get better!

Leopard

Reaction score
Re: Rode Renshaw yesterday!

Hey thanks for the info. Where is the wall in relation to the cabin?

Leopard

Reaction score
Re: Rode Renshaw yesterday!

When you say to the right is that with your back facing the cabin door?

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the wall is to the right of the cabin as you come up the trail, across the creek, that hill has partially slid already. Big chunk of slab missing on Tuesday, not one I'd be on.

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a buddy were at Renshaw on December 3rd and 4th and here are a few pics....these pics are to the "left" of the cabin towards the sidehill area.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those pics look a lot like my group on saturday. To busy digging and riding no pics :d It was a good ride, but the trail is just rediculous, most likely the first and last renshaw ride of the year, it just ain't worth it the trail kills you. Lucille today wasn't as deep, but still a good ride.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those pics look a lot like my group on saturday. To busy digging and riding no pics :d It was a good ride, but the trail is just rediculous, most likely the first and last renshaw ride of the year, it just ain't worth it the trail kills you. Lucille today wasn't as deep, but still a good ride.

I guess weekends are better since it is groomed every day.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that was the first grooming of the year!!

Yes I know, but the last two years it's been as bad or worse when I go there. I just got reminded how brutal it was and just not worth it, I know there is nothing they can do as people just pound it out so quick because they don't know how to ride. Lucille has plenty of good riding and the trail is always so smooth.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats good, less people up there the better. I have rode that trail with 2.5 whoops from the parking lot to the cabin and i said the same thing, never again. Now the renshaw is my favorite place to ride, we find new places and fresh snow 9 out of 10 rides. I hate that long trail in but its worth it every time we go up.

7gcbc

Reaction score
Hi everybody. This is my first post on s&m. I'm heading up to Valemount and McBride for a week starting wed. I'm taking my 08 Assault for the first ride with the engine and track recalls done. Anybody got any miles on the new pistons? Any trouble or issues? I'm going to do a couple of days with my lady on the back. Can anybody suggest some areas close to vale for a nice day two up? On Fri and sun I'll be solo looking for someone to ride with extreme. Renshaw or Clemina. Someone who won't whine about the rough access. I've been riding for 25 years and feel that people are getting spoiled these days!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a group here this weekend that I am sure if you are a decent rider would not mind you joining them. I will be riding with them as well on Sat. for sure and I hope on Fri. as well. Might try to get into Whinebergers if the sun is shining.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats good, less people up there the better. I have rode that trail with 2.5 whoops from the parking lot to the cabin and i said the same thing, never again. Now the renshaw is my favorite place to ride, we find new places and fresh snow 9 out of 10 rides. I hate that long trail in but its worth it every time we go up.

Yea I will say the riding is the best, but lucille isn't to far behind, and you get much that more much time riding instead of on the trail. Will probably go back once in a while, but not very big on it. It wouldn't be so bad if people knew how to ride on a trail proper, but I don't ever see that changing.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I will say the riding is the best, but lucille isn't to far behind, and you get much that more much time riding instead of on the trail. Will probably go back once in a while, but not very big on it. It wouldn't be so bad if people knew how to ride on a trail proper, but I don't ever see that changing.

I didn't know there was a proper way to ride up a trail. I must have missed that training course.

Top Bottom