Rode in to Clemina + trail garbage.

gmac

Reaction score
We took the four wheelers in to clemina yesterday and there was a fair amount of garbage on the trail. At the end where you go up to the alpine some one left behind a 5 gallon oil pail so we strapped it down and started to pick up the many beer cans, water bottles, energy drink bottles, and other items on the way out. We filled up the pail so you could not get another can in it as well as what we were able to put on the quads and left some behind. The part that piss#s me off is the items that appear to be just thrown down when their finished with it. The other riders said at the cabin there was many beer cans left behind on the ground outside as well.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
We took the four wheelers in to clemina yesterday and there was a fair amount of garbage on the trail. At the end where you go up to the alpine some one left behind a 5 gallon oil pail so we strapped it down and started to pick up the many beer cans, water bottles, energy drink bottles, and other items on the way out. We filled up the pail so you could not get another can in it as well as what we were able to put on the quads and left some behind. The part that piss#s me off is the items that appear to be just thrown down when their finished with it. The other riders said at the cabin there was many beer cans left behind on the ground outside as well.

Yup.... Seen alot of the same up @ Allen Cabin yrs ago ... Good on you to bring out what you could ! :):beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for your diligence gmac, it's actions like yours that are appreciated by fellow responsible sledders. if you found that much stuff on the trail, I shudder to think what's out in the alpine inaccessible to quads.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
It only takes a few idiots to ruin everything. We have had the same thing in McBride. No one gets paid to do these cleanups - its all volunteers. Snow and Mud's "bbtoys" has cleaned up Renshaw, Lucille and Bell with very little help. Thankfully, the Hiking Club here in McBride did the cleanup around the Renshaw cabin alpine area.

These people do not realize that it is a priviledge to ride in these ecologically sensitive areas and that there are lots of environmentalists and greenies out here that would be only too happy to raise a ruckus and have it all shut down. It's really very easy to pack out what you pack in. Beer cans seem to be the biggest problem, yet they are so easy to crush and carry out. Sledders are not the only people going into these areas, however they are the ones that are always blamed and will be the ones to pay the price by having motorized access taken away.

So many riding areas in Alberta and BC have been shut down in the past year and we MUST take care of the areas that are still available to us.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help out there. VARDA usually does its major trail cleanup in August, but we all pick up what we can while out on the trail. Believe it or not, the alpine is not as bad. Things get bounced out of packs and seat trunks all the time and riders do not go back to get what went flying. Theres a fellow here in town that hits the trails on his ATV as soon as the snow melts and he finds all kinds of crazy stuff.

Thanks again for your help out there, next time any of you come to town, look me up and I can show you a few rides that are more interesting than the Clemina trail.

Pack out what you Pack IN !

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Is this snowmobilers do the majority of this??? do there just bury it and forget about it.....I ride the rocky, nordeg and cadomin areas which is mostly quad areas and I don't see anything... maybe it's been picked up? Everone has a trunk or pack you carried it in carry it out don't give the greenies any more ammo :rant:

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grande c is a garbage dump too. I took friends to a la peche lake over the long weekend only to pick up beer cans all the way in then get to the cabin and the place was a mess (cans and liquor bottles strewn all over)..:mad: So the next day we take all the kids to mason creek for swimming and jumping off the rocks etc and when we get there we picked up 3 IGA bags full of cans and a big box of bottles. It just gets stupid after a while and its a little embarrassing too.
Just hit the ghost or the trunk road and its just littered with cans...

weldor

Reaction score
Allot of it is sledders. I had a handle bar bag that could hold a couple of bottles of water in it. It was great because your water and a snack was readily accessible. Than I found a few times after rolling my sled that I lost both bottles of water in the snow. I quit using my handle bar bag after this happened a couple of times and my digital camera got smashed. Appreciate all the efforts of everyone who takes the time to clean up the riding areas. I am thinking of having a clean up here at the Brule sand dunes in the fall after the summer season is over and there is less traffic.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago that trail was spotless, because I covered it like a blanket so that is stuffed dropped from then to now. I packed out all of the garbage from the cabin and surrounding area and left the cabin swept and clean.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea, it is amazing how people can haul all that crap up but are to lazy and stupid to haul it back with them. On May long weekend we went and my boy was picking up bottles and cans along the trail and putting them in my pack and my dad's pack. By the end of the 2 days worth of riding (we came home on Saturday) he had over 2 full Green garbage bags of bottles and cans, and most were crushed so we could carrie them in the bags. $10+ dollars for him.

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
I agree. Sleds cannot be blamed for the mess. It was quaders, irresponsible quaders. This activity will not help maintain the quading or sleding area in the future.

2 weeks ago that trail was spotless, because I covered it like a blanket so that is stuffed dropped from then to now. I packed out all of the garbage from the cabin and surrounding area and left the cabin swept and clean.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this snowmobilers do the majority of this??? do there just bury it and forget about it.....I ride the rocky, nordeg and cadomin areas which is mostly quad areas and I don't see anything... maybe it's been picked up? Everone has a trunk or pack you carried it in carry it out don't give the greenies any more ammo :rant:

I don't think any one group has the market cornered on stupidity. I see it in the summer & winter. I see it on land and in the lakes. And I don't think things will improve. On another subject, in another forum one atv'er wrote
" I'll do what I want, when I want, and to hell with everyone else.":realmad:

How can you deal with this type of "atv jerk"?,:confused: and we all know a couple from the hobby of our choice. They are out there and spawning. Yuk!
:rant::mad:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree. Sleds cannot be blamed for the mess. It was quaders, irresponsible quaders. This activity will not help maintain the quading or sleding area in the future.

Its narrow minded people like you who blame one particular group that piss me off.Pull your heads out of the sand,do you honestly think all quaders dont ride sleds.And only quaders throw garbage away,You obviosly never been in or around the cabins at these areas in the winter!
There is a message in red for you in my signature!
catmando!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its narrow minded people like you who blame one particular group that piss me off.Pull your heads out of the sand,do you honestly think all quaders dont ride sleds.And only quaders throw garbage away,You obviosly never been in or around the cabins at these areas in the winter!
There is a message in red for you in my signature!
catmando!

Wow we can say PISS:d:eek:

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com

nah. its the boaters. fricken ripping up the trail and leaving garbage behind. seriously buddy, you need to go get some therapy. you have an unhealthy obsession with quadders. oh ya hows the joingin the green team going for you. or will they not let you becaus eof your boat and sleds? just because garbage is left behind somewhere doesnt mean that a quadder did it. well wait maybe it is, all our trucks and cars have four wheels, so ya, fricken quadders.lol. littering is everywhere, and not just one group does it. have you looked on the side of highways lately. why do you think there are people on bikes picking up bag upon bag of bottles from the ditches. IT IS INCONSIDERATE IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE DOING THESE THINGS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE, NOT JUST QUADDERS. one thing i am curiuos about is what groups and organizations are you a member of. how much money and time have you donated to helping fix the problem? or do you just like to come on forums and bitch?

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey 'TrailCrusader'.... Are you saying since bbtoys cleaned the trail 2 weeks ago.... It is messed again ? :confused:

Reaction score
We make it a point to clean up what the uncaring leave behind. My wife and her buddy collect all the bottles and cans we find on our rides and we use them for our beer college money. Spent an hour at one site doing a cleanup that the day before had been spotless. On an interesting note we had to do a yuradumbas rescue last weekend because someone went down too steep a grade and couldn't get back up with his brandnew superduper 450 Yamaha bike. (NO NOT ME!!!!!) While wandering in the bush I found an old Esso Oil can that was in the good old quart can. Not bad condition, but still someones garbage.

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did any of you whiner's read the above thread. If it was clean two weeks ago and it's a mess again there's a very good chance it's from quadders. unless guys are sledding up the up the trails this time of year.

Top Bottom