Rock/salt trailer shield advice

Born ready

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a rock/salt shield for my Aluma fat deck ski doo trailer. Does any one have suggestions on types and best place to purchase ?
Thx

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the trailer is new use shark hide on the aluminum to keep its shine. Get a set of rock tamers mud flaps on your truck, and wash the trailer regularly. Almost impossible to keep a trailer in Alberta looking spotless with our winter conditions

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've found that putting big salt shields on a flat deck trailer results in basically the same fuel economy / ease of pulling as a comparable sized enclosed trailer.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
truck.jpg
Here's my rig. An aluma trailer as well. It had the factory shield on it when i bought it, i put puck board on the upper section. Really help cut down on the grim getting on the sleds. Easy to clean to!

Sure cant wait for more days like this!!!

Born ready

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, how much debris comes back around the shield ?
View attachment 199029
Here's my rig. An aluma trailer as well. It had the factory shield on it when i bought it, i put puck board on the upper section. Really help cut down on the grim getting on the sleds. Easy to clean to!

Sure cant wait for more days like this!!!

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds stay clean for the most part. On muddy logging roads they'll still get splashed up the sides. I do still always have the covers on though as well.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever try out something like this SnoCap? Looks like a very practical middle ground for those who want to keep road crap off the sleds but stay with a light two or four place trailer.

Top Bottom