RMK Pro 800 163" Bogs.........

F*ckLand

Reaction score
For my first 3 rides sled ran flawlessly, fouled a set of plugs but thats all, now it seems every time i take it out it will bog for the first half hour to an hour, right when I'm hitting mid to full throttle. Ride it for a bit and it mostly cleans right up with the odd bog through out the day. Dealer says its clutch weights before i even told him what weight I'm running or the altitude I'm riding at, seems fishy, since the issue seems to clear up throughout the day. Im a heavy guy pushin 280 and on big climbs i still run 8000 rpm no prob. Let me know your thoughts, not sure what my weights r now never touched them from stock so... i ride a lot in Pine Pass, Tumble ridge and Kakwa falls. Thanks

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock weights r 62 grams an that should be fine.. Especially if your only hittin 8000.. So it won't be your weights.. Tps possibly...

Sent from a phone likely at work

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing thing, make sure you are running in the non ethanol, let your sled warm up to 120f before riding it. I bet your carbon up a bit. Get some of that Polaris carbon clean and mix some with premium fuel. Give that a try.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read in Supertrax magazine today that the Pro's had a few injector failures in 2011. The 2012's are supposed to be good though. What year is yours?

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First problem was going to countryside. Go through the polaris pro forums on here, theres a few of the same posts on here, all having same issues. Theres a few good places to check. Try running really goos fuel, mix some vp. Check wires under dash. Try the fuel eth plug, etc... See what happens. Mines did it once, running great.

F*ckLand

Reaction score
Thanks i'll def check the ethanol jumper, and try some fuel additives, sucks i theres no snow here to test anything, just gotta try everything and hope one of them fixes it, makes it hard to pin point one specific cause but ill post as soon as i try these things out.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive experimented with husky, mohawk, shell, and petro can premimums and have little to no effect on how it runs. If i use octane boost it helps. I put a turbo on and run av gas i buy from swan arrow at the airport. If i use prem and oct boost i get it from the guys who built my turbo. They have there own version of an octane boost. From attitude industries.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about this ? Lol , I loaded my sled to go to forester ,across from radium , witch needs snowAnd is pounded out ,FYI , I has a cut out in the field I turned around inAnd then no cut out on the way back to the truck, I did switch the plug to non- ethanol And got a beter response , but got to the mountains and started my sled on the deck and got dressed It was warmed up and put in to reverse went down the deck and blew a spark plug on the right side ,This is now the 4th time with shity plugs , soI change it out and continue up trail , runs perfect all day excepte one hiccup on the trail down back to the Truck ,it works in the mountains but not at lower elavation , the spark plugs are pissing me off thou ,(2011 ,155,with she'll gold only ) Has any one had bad spark plugs often ?

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Around 460 ,Would u think it would be a bad coil pack that would crapOut spark plugs when cold ?

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know for sure. But if a coil was to stop supplying power/spark, and the fuel is still getting put into the cylinder and not getting burnt, that could cause a fouled plug and a bog situation.

Top Bottom