RMK overstructure break

rmkrennyguy

Reaction score
Hey there I recently cracked the overstructure on my 2011 rmk pro was wondering if anybody else had done this if they make a reinforced structure or if anybody has a old one they would part with lemme know thanks!

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I broke mine and was too cheap to buy a new one so I went to my local metal shop and bought a long piece of aluminum and machined it down to size, cut it to length and riveted it in. You can get the carbn fibre and glue out by heating it with a propane torch and if you get it hot enough it will come out pretty easily. I touched it up after with a sandpaper wheel and it is good to go, much stronger than before and I dont feel that I will notice the weight at all. The aluminum pipe cost me $20.00 and I did the machining myself. I think a new aluminum overstructure is a couple hundred bucks plus you need the bracket to hold the coils in place. Carbon fibre has its place but in my opinion this is not one of them.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Sorry my bad on the year, I should have caught that, too early in the morn I guess ha ha.

rmkrennyguy

Reaction score
Yes that's the part I'm talking about it cracked on both sides of the steering column

Last edited:

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on number 4 good luck finding a use one they go really fast or are already smashed. I Picked a new one up for $375 taxes in but the guys name I bought it under has around 25 atvs and sxs.
I personally think you are not driving a Polaris to its full potential if you have not broke one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbecker17

Reaction score
i broke a few last year right where the upper steering bushing bolts to the cast aluminum. what i have done since then is put a piece of aluminum the same dimensions as the bushing but only .25" thick between the bushing and the cast piece for the upper and lower steering bushings. seems to be the fix for me i am no longer breaking them

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i broke a few last year right where the upper steering bushing bolts to the cast aluminum. what i have done since then is put a piece of aluminum the same dimensions as the bushing but only .25" thick between the bushing and the cast piece for the upper and lower steering bushings. seems to be the fix for me i am no longer breaking them
Might have to try this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would this work?

that would be easy to fab up at home

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a couple pull apart on the 14's. We simply glued back together and on mine I put an aluminum sleeve inside the carbon fibre before adding 1 rivet.

Top Bottom