RMK 800 Blows Motor at Mountain Mania

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well Summitric and I pulled the motor apart on Monday Night.
I broke a ring which in turn put a huge scratch in the cylinder wall of the PTO side. Piston is shot and the dome would need a bit of work.
So this week I will be trying to determine the best way to do the rebuild...go closer to stock, re-do the same Mod build or go bigger with a kit like Deano has available....Hmmm, tough choice.
Can't complain though, this sled has five years of riding on it and until the ring went that motor has never let me down, in fact this was the first time the sled has ever been towed.

Attachments

• IMG_9066_1_1.jpg
    IMG_9066_1_1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_9068_1_1.jpg
    IMG_9068_1_1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_9070_1_1.jpg
    IMG_9070_1_1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_9071_1.jpg
    IMG_9071_1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 451

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well Curtis now that you know whats wrong you can come out and join us in Stony for a pint or two to drown your sorrows.

:D

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'd love to but today is my "little boys" 18th birthday, so summitric, another buddy and myself are taking him to a place he shouldn't go for a couple of Birthday Brews...
Cheerz.

Well Curtis now that you know whats wrong you can come out and join us in Stony for a pint or two to drown your sorrows.

:D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
What Time Are We Going To The "unmentionable" Place?? My Sleds In At Martin Farm Equipment Right Now, And It'll Be Ready This Afternoon..... Jerry Is Dooin' His Tuning Magic As I Type.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
He was disappointed he didn't get ID'd...he should have been in the bar sooner (he tells me).
He siad it was "just ok" but the way he stared said different, he did comment that you see just about the same amount of skin at school in the summer, just no pole for them to dance by.
I think he thought it was kind of kool to hang with three old fellas that he's grown up with in a bar. His buddies were stunned and most said their Dad would never do that....I'm not your average dad...bit of RedNeck under that shirt and tie I wear to work.

Cheerz.

He!! ya. What did CJ think of the ballet?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
He was disappointed he didn't get ID'd...he should have been in the bar sooner (he tells me).
He siad it was "just ok" but the way he stared said different, he did comment that you see just about the same amount of skin at school in the summer, just no pole for them to dance by.
I think he thought it was kind of kool to hang with three old fellas that he's grown up with in a bar. His buddies were stunned and most said their Dad would never do that....I'm not your average dad...bit of RedNeck under that shirt and tie I wear to work.

Cheerz.

WATZ A SHERT N TY??

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cheerz.

Shirt and tie whats that???? you redneck

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Think I'm going to go gack to the same set up as I have. Until now the motor has been built proof. Roughly 160 hp has gotten me everywhere I've wanted to. I will probably contact my motorbuilder on Monday. Will keep you informed.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well I dropped off my motor to my re-builder last week. Have my fingers crossed that i can have it back and installed before the Feb Family day weekend when we ride Sicamous.
Crank and bearings will be checked, refinished PTO side cylinder and new pistons/rings.
It's been such a reliable Mod that I'm going to keep the specs the same as before.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well I put the rebuilt motor in and thanks to sumitric for his assistance...did you know when you hook the wiring up the wrong way, the sled won't run...imagine that.

Although I have not had a chance to drive the sled with the new motor, it's running and that is half the battle...off to McBride next weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is he mod that you have on the 800 at the moment and what was the Deano kit you were thinking about? Curious as I have an 03 800 with off compression and deciding on available options

Top Bottom