Rmk 800 blown engine issues

Dougie

Reaction score
With all the issues Pooooolaris has had over the years with their engines, why are they not overly concerned with fixing their @#$% up. As a sled mechanic I hear and see soo many poos exploding year after year. It really surprises me that they still have Fans. When aftermarket companies are making "FIX KITS" for their own products you think they would wake up !!!! Reliability talks DOO or Die !! Oh ya.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jesus H Christ, we beating this dead horse again!!! Ride whatever floats your boat. Anyone who been riding in the last five years knows about these issues with Polaris. Is it frustrating, sure....is anything going to be done, probably not. Every brand has its problems. Deal with it.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have approx. 2200 miles on my pro and contemplating doing the RK Tek kit before it grenades and I have to replace cylinders,rods or crank.
Who and where in the central Alberta area handles the kit and able to do the install?
Go MTNTK kit! Give Chrisco a shout, he'll be able to help you out. He's in Stoney Plain.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, don't put that crap in your motor. Buy the right kit the first time!!!
Don't run the RK Tek kits!!!!!!!
There are lots of guys out there that have had great success with the RK Tek kit, but I've also heard of a bunch of guys that have had problems. I haven't heard many with issues with the MTNTK Kit.

Reaction score
I have approx. 2200 miles on my pro and contemplating doing the RK Tek kit before it grenades and I have to replace cylinders,rods or crank.
Who and where in the central Alberta area handles the kit and able to do the install?
Hey sir, im not trying to be a salesman but i can get you a better deal then from the dealers on a fix kit for your pro, you can email me nitekustoms@shaw.ca or give me a shout on my cell 780-903-7525. I just installed a fix it kit on my 09 polaris, i also changed the crank cause i had the whole motor out but its very easy to install.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does this also happen with the older rmk 700's

My 08 had 5000 miles on it, it had stock compression but couldnt get over 7800 rpm no matter how light of weight i put in. Guy that bought it from me rebuilt it and revs perfect now. They do get tired........

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I'm serious.... Never paid attention

Was going to look at one for my kid, but mabe not now

Thanks for the info... Can't believe po po can't get there poop in a group...

That's the info I was looking for..

13s and up are alot better, specially 14s and up. 11 and 12s can even break a cylinder skirt not just a piston skirt.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 08 had 5000 miles on it, it had stock compression but couldnt get over 7800 rpm no matter how light of weight i put in. Guy that bought it from me rebuilt it and revs perfect now. They do get tired........

I experienced a CFI4 600 doing that. Stuck at 7800 rpm even after changing plugs, cleaning exhaust valves, changed primary spring...

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
OK, found it, from their site;
KIT CONTENTS

· 2- CUSTOM WISECO PISTONS W/RINGS, PINS, AND CIRCLIPS

· 1- STEEL ZINC PLATED CYLINDER SHIM

· 8- LONGER CYLINDER BOLTS

· 2- LONGER DOWEL PINS

· 1- BASE GASKET

· INSTRUCTIONS ( PLEASE CONSULT ENGINE MANUAL FOR PROPER ENGINE SERVICE PROCEDURES, AND READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY )

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone on here want to teach a noob how to install a mntk fix kit? lol

Was quoted 700 for the kit +extra gaskets if needed and about 450$ labour. I'd rather do the wrenching myself and learn about my machine

I've seen tudiszzles vid but I'd like a slowed down version with instructions, or just pictures and a write up?

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone on here want to teach a noob how to install a mntk fix kit? lol

Was quoted 700 for the kit +extra gaskets if needed and about 450$ labour. I'd rather do the wrenching myself and learn about my machine

I've seen tudiszzles vid but I'd like a slowed down version with instructions, or just pictures and a write up?

I have contacted and been e-mailing this person. Seems he has done a few and has better prices than dealers. He is also willing to let me look over his shoulder and learn as he does the work.
Thie was copyand pasted from a previous post.......

Hey sir, im not trying to be a salesman but i can get you a better deal then from the dealers on a fix kit for your pro, you can email me nitekustoms@shaw.ca or give me a shout on my cell 780-903-7525. I just installed a fix it kit on my 09 polaris, i also changed the crank cause i had the whole motor out but its very easy to install.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Best thing to do is buy a Polaris service manual. I use to use it like a bible back in the 80's and 90's with updates every year as the new models came out. It will give you a step by step outline on engine work, with torque specs, special tools required, etc. Its what the techs use when Polaris rebuilds your engine. Its how I learned back then and now you have the internet as well to ask questions.

thecheyner

Reaction score
Thanks for the manual! I also put a mtntk top end in my 2012 at around 1000 miles after hearing about the skirt issues. It's been 800 miles since and it's seems to be running strong. I warm up my sled and after long pulls I like to let the engine idle a little while before I hit the kill switch. I have always wondered why 90% of people go WOT on a huge pull and kill the motor right away once they get back to their group.

Anyone know when I should change reeds? Mine seem to be ok and the gap is ok(I heard use stock reeds instead of vforce as they break apart)

Does anyone know how to fix the low rpm "shake" when the engine is revving down?

Last edited:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome thanks for the link

Do you guys take the cylinders to a machine shop to make sure there all good?

And do you use feeler gauges to check ring cap or a caliper?

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use feelers for end gap and inside mic for cylinder I head 4000k all boosted on my engine and everything was fine crank checked out , rods, pistons, cylinders all in spec but it was a heavy oiler when I took the motor out my oil pump was stuck wide open no idea how long but there was lots of oil in the motor

Top Bottom