RK TEK drop-in kit

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering who out there has tried the drop in kit from RK TEK? How did you like it and how is reliability with their components? I have an '07 800 with an '09 motor. Also is the ECM program worthwile? Thanks

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i also have a question what was the point of putting the 09 engine in? 07 and 09 have the same engines the 800r, i know 07 had problems but when it popped you get a shortblock warranted. just asking lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also have a question what was the point of putting the 09 engine in? 07 and 09 have the same engines the 800r, i know 07 had problems but when it popped you get a shortblock warranted. just asking lol
You'll never really know what engine your getting, they are rebuilt short blocks and your getting the latest updates in them. so you could have a 07 with 09 updates.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the Head on my 800 HO and noticed a stronger pull in the mid range, not a noticable difference in the top but I had no other changes made.

I think for my '09 800r I will get the 165hp drop in kit with the ECM program if I find I have an extra $1000 this summer.

I know this doesn't answer your question but I do believe the RK tek products are great products.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the sled with the new motor already installed under warranty. I remember looking on the bottom cases and it said 08X or 09X I can't remember exactly instead of saying "R". And yes the first '07 R's had case clearance issues and were tearing out bottom ends

Dino

Reaction score
I did a drop in kit on my 02 800, not a Rev but the kit worked very well. I did the reflash, head, and pistons. Power fade went away, power was better. Sold the sled with 2 thousand miles on kit. Dino

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the the drop in kit in my 05 rev now that my clutchs are cleaned (Thanks mountain magic) the sled rips!! I think i have to play with the primary clutch to get the rpm's up faster but as it stands i was very impressed.

speed800c

Reaction score
I have a 05 summit 800HO and got a 827 kit, it made a huge difference. But they told me to run stuck pipe and can, but the stock can was too quiet, so put my MBRP can back on and jetting is way different than stock, and super loud now. I would recomment this kit. I also ported as well. and recurve the brain box.:)

Top Bottom