RK TEK Clutching/Heads....M8

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since I have my sled stripped, thinking of a few mods I might do. Any one with these mods...please chime in, I am all ears.

Currently running stock clutches and after 4000+ miles on the bish, its time for some more upgrades. Need to keep myself out of the dealerships and walking away in debt..LOL

Thinkin about doin the diamond drive clutch kit.....give me the skinny

Also may do the bolt on head kit.....give me the skinny.

It currently has the full SLP pipe kit, light weight BDX DD...basically thats it. I like to keep things simple, and after as many miles as I got on her....it works....well for me....haha.

I have tried Cutlers secondary...nothing really noticeable and my sled runs head to head with Krash's 09 M8 with the rk head. Kinda why I am asking....:d

Thanks for any insight peeps!

Shiiit...after today's +25C...its tough to say its coming....but it IS!!!!!:beer:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go for the head for sure!!! one of the best things i ever did for my m7 really woke the sled up and as far as clutching...what good is the power if you cant get it to the ground RK teks head and clutching work really well my vote GO FOR IT you wont regret it

Im running 50/50 av gas/prem with mine so i uped the compression by a bit cant remember what its at

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the head and torsional 36/38 helix on my 09 M8 162 and it seems to work well. I bought the sled with it on there so i don't have a stock comparison. People that i have talked to always say "Kelsey know's his stuff so listen to him" My sled also had the SLP y-pipe to can setup and i sold it, put stock back on with a Super q can because thats what kelsey told me to do. My sled worked good last year but again, i have never compared it to a stock M8. I do know that my clutches need to be completely disassembled, cleaned and new springs installed. I don't have any problem keeping up with Powderchowder on his 2012 etech 163 when playing in the trees. Can't touch him on a flat out climb though and there is no doubt when we are getting up and over ranges that he gets there faster.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cutlers and rk tek secondary kits are pretty similar for what ive seen. So if it did nothing for u i wouldnt bother, I ran the rk kit on my 2010 and it was easily adjustable, liked it.
Id also go with the bdx air intake with lots of venting and leave the cover off of it. And then theres always the camo 2.5. Had all this aftermarket $hit on mine and it ran damn strong

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its vented to shiit. hood, side panels, belt cover...i have the larger intake too. but seriously..the more and more i think about it...stock with minor mods is where its at. JMO. i think im gonna give this head kit a try. still not sure what to do on the secondary....hmmmm...

thanks for the help guys...always appreciated.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you run the RKT head with the slp exhaust and a bigger intake you will need a fuel controler. When i go to the mountains i only have to add fuel in the high rpm range and the rest is set at zero's. I have a D&D firebreather intake. PM oneoldfart i think he has an RKT head for sale.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you run the RKT head with the slp exhaust and a bigger intake you will need a fuel controler. When i go to the mountains i only have to add fuel in the high rpm range and the rest is set at zero's. I have a D&D firebreather intake. PM oneoldfart i think he has an RKT head for sale.

i have a BD controller sitting on the bench. I ordered the DD secondary kit this morning...i will say this, Kelsey has been awesome to deal with so far. answered all my questions and then some.

thanks for the input!

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If u just run the RK tek head you wont need a fuel controller .....you will need it when you start playing with different pipe combos tho

Top Bottom