RK Tek Clutch kit / OVS Clutch kit

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not looking for an opinion on which is better than the other... i already have the ovs clutch kit but from what I hear it is the same as the RK Tek kit.

Now my question to all of you who are familiar with either kit is this.

what is the difference when you screw the collar 3 threads into the helix as opposed to being flush with the top of the helix? will this make the clutch backshift harder because you are putting more tension on teh spring?

I am having a bit of trouble getting my sled clutched correctly and I am going to go and buy a steeper helix (44 deg) and different springs and weight up my primary because I just pull max rpm so fast and it takes forever to make speed( its actually not that bad but its bad enough that i am side by side an xp with a head for 500 ft and then i pull 6 sleds on him real fast after that... by that time im already at the top of the hill lol.

so i need it to upshift faster without scrubbing my top track speed.

Right now im running cutler adjustables with 75.3 gr weight... i was told 75 gr weights but in a big dog weight which is really tow heavy so it acts more liek 80-85 gr weights... secondly i am running a straight 40 degree helix with a red white spring in the secondary and to be honest i can't quite remember what my primary spring is... i think its orange.

Anyways off topic. Clutch kit... educate me.

Thanks,
Ryan

Top Bottom