Rk Tek 858 Kit

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So an update to my "tired" engine. Wednesday night i went for a ride made it about 5km and it grenaded, didnt pull anything apart but im almost positive it was the bottom end. So i took it back to Camrose Polaris for warranty and they'll be looking at it.

Sled was running great before it blew.

96sherm

Reaction score
I'm still curious as to why you say it was "tired"? I've got more miles on mine, and it appears to be on par with my riding buddy's 2012 with 1/3rd the miles...??

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After going between my sled and my girlfriends dad new 13' pro, mine felt like it was lacking. The power was there it just didnt feel "snappy".

96sherm

Reaction score
Thats interesting. The fact that its now toast sort of confirms your suspicions I guess. I would have simply chalked it up to the 13 having some significant changes enough to make a "seat of the pants" feeling noticable...

Best of luck in your rebuild...

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im asking santa for a fresh crate engine courtesy of polaris :beer::beer:

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to see the 858 and 910 on the npp dyno. Until I hear and see results from satisfied guys I know I'm not sold.
i was on the Doo wagon yrs ago ...been there tried that blew it up, disappointed, got beat by stock
i have no problem forking out for Hp that's legit and works like claimed.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to see the 858 and 910 on the npp dyno. Until I hear and see results from satisfied guys I know I'm not sold.
i was on the Doo wagon yrs ago ...been there tried that blew it up, disappointed, got beat by stock
i have no problem forking out for Hp that's legit and works like claimed.

No call from Kelsey so just the 910 going on the dyno.

turboassault

Reaction score
What a pussy. You even offered to buy the kit off of him. Put up or shut up boys. It would really be nice to see the difference and what kind of power that 858 and910 really makes. I know I will be stopping by to see what the 910 makes.

96sherm

Reaction score
So an update to my "tired" engine. Wednesday night i went for a ride made it about 5km and it grenaded, didnt pull anything apart but im almost positive it was the bottom end. So i took it back to Camrose Polaris for warranty and they'll be looking at it.

Sled was running great before it blew.

Keep us posted with what the shop/you find out as its torn down. With 3500 on my clock I'm wondering if I should be concerned, or say phooey and ride till she blow...??

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris,
You will be running the 2013 on the Dyno also?? Then running the 910 to see the difference between the two. IMO it is the difference between the two that really means anything on a dyno and what sells.
Good call on 858 !! Put up or ???? he could have sold a few top ends. Or not.

No call from Kelsey so just the 910 going on the dyno.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man! That would have been a good comparison.

Snake oil and smoke and Mirrors.

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So heres the scoop on the sled as of today.

Talked to brokers marine. and they told me that the crank was gone along with 3 bearings and a rod bearing. then proceeded to tell me that they want to drop a crate engine into it at half my cost ( 3k ).

I had the sled for 2 weeks put 100km on it with no issues till it blew. and his explanation was that it was either over heated ( not possible because i didnt let the sled go over 56 C ) or that the sled ran out of oil ( also not possible because i never ride without topping my oil off). he told me the oil pump was working fine ( which i find impossible given the situation ). so thats where i sit. i bought a sled with 2000km on it was given a month unconditional warranty, rode it for 100km and now they want me to shell out 3k to fix it ( on warranty ). Any thoughts?

sledhead80

Reaction score
If its "on warranty" why should you have to pay anything!!!! Sounds like BS to me they should cover the whole cost imo!

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats quite literally all i had to say to them. Not very impressed at this point

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Octane if it is the bottom end again with only 100km+/- it is a oiling problem you would have to think. Ran with oil in tank for break in and then once that was gone back to same problem.
Did sled us any oil in the 100 kms?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys insist on questioning RKTs knowledge and abilities? His pistons have a magicalness about them, and no he wont explain it. You wouldnt understand.

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I burnt a little over 1/3 of a tank from full. and i checked to make sure it was taking oil just out of curiousity

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I burnt a little over 1/3 of a tank from full. and i checked to make sure it was taking oil just out of curiousity

Did you buy that grey one that sat out front forever?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom