Rivet Guns

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember an interview with Blair Morgan about some of his secrets and one of them was to assemble his sleds himself with aviation grade rivets so that his chassis was X percent stiffer....yadda yadda. I got mine from somewhere in Edmonton about 10 years ago, edmonton fasteners?? Ask Jared @ absolute power he would know the place

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used two small pipes for extentions on the handles and it worked fine however i use bolts and nylon nuts now its much easier.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Varigrip rivets from Mattic Industries in Calgary...I believe Baker/Racer's Edge uses the same!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the Princess Auto air riveter and it pops the 3/16" stainless and regular steel no problem at 100#. At 120# it sucks pieces really tight but that is more than the $75 gun is rated for. I have done about 400 rivets at 100-110# and it works fine, one drop of oil about every 25 rivets and i put five drops when it was new. Once you have one you will wonder why you were so cheap and suffered with the manual riveter. A higher grade rivet may require a better gun and at 80-85# the stainless don't break off to easy with the PA gun but hey it only$75.

craptabulous

Reaction score
You can easily pop ss rivets with a hand gun you just need a good one , air is superior . Manual worjs fine just stay away from canadian tire

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey man, the PA air one works really well if you have the right tip for the rivet. I did some track port closures and noticed a difference in the American rivets. 3/16 American rivets are different than 3/16 Canadian rivets.....go figure that one out!!

I also have a brute of a scissor type I bought at Lethbridge Tools (I think). Wouldn't be without either one.

Nun changing, front end work, etc. they are PRICELESS

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hey man, the PA air one works really well if you have the right tip for the rivet. I did some track port closures and noticed a difference in the American rivets. 3/16 American rivets are different than 3/16 Canadian rivets.....go figure that one out!!

I also have a brute of a scissor type I bought at Lethbridge Tools (I think). Wouldn't be without either one.

Nun changing, front end work, etc. they are PRICELESS

Biggest problem here, we no longer have a decent tool store. No Princess Auto, used to have House of Tools but its gone, so we are stuck with the chain stores only on the weekends...

We have some specialty stores, but none of them are open on the weekends when I seem to find time to do stupid stuff like this

tranquillicer

Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HEEEHEEEHEEEHEEEHEEEEHEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I can't breathe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan
Had a chance to give my air riveter(NAPA) a good work out installing Air Frame boards(Skinz). Works great but at much over 100psi it breaks the end off the rivet before it done and then you gotta grind the shank off and start over. Keep psi at 100 if you can

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Had a chance to give my air riveter(NAPA) a good work out installing Air Frame boards(Skinz). Works great but at much over 100psi it breaks the end off the rivet before it done and then you gotta grind the shank off and start over. Keep psi at 100 if you can

Perfect!!! Can you e mail us pics of your sled complete so we can post them up on our site please?

jan@trax2treadz.com.

How are you liking the new sled?

Jan

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I was installing my vents I had to get my youngest son to help me squeeze the rivet gun trigger....
I used the table as leverage
Picture2625.jpg

Picture2629.jpg

Now I get to use the air rivet gun.... .OMGosh.... it's like heaven.

Top Bottom