Ripcharger

TurboCobra

Reaction score
Re: Ripcharger - back to drawing board

Sorry guys, got the bad news today. The ripper has been blowing up and sending schrapnel through the test motors. The guys have switched to an electric test motor, but things are on hold till the summer.... Darn, was looking forward to spring rip'n!! :rolleyes:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hate to say it cause it's been said before. If u want boosted sleds that last. Yami or cat are the only choices.

Andrew

huh?? whyd you quote me in that?

Powderlites

Reaction score

Sorry guys, got the bad news today. The ripper has been blowing up and sending schrapnel through the test motors. The guys have switched to an electric test motor, but things are on hold till the summer.... Darn, was looking forward to spring rip'n!! :rolleyes:

Gee you just joined up to bash or you have inside info that I don't know about?
Raced at Midway drags on sat. and rode it plus a few other guys all day sunday and we should be shipping kits for Arctic Cat M800 in a couple of weeks.
YouTube - Rip Charger Stage 1 with 5 psi boost
250-836-4422

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got an update and its by no means cheaper than a turbo,,,, the small vid looked good tho. Guess we ll see how dialed and how well they hold up when they start getting released next month.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah with a price like that they better out perform the turbo's and by those numbers they aren't. I was hoping for a cheaper way of having a boosted sled.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah with a price like that they better out perform the turbo's and by those numbers they aren't. I was hoping for a cheaper way of having a boosted sled.

Totally agree I thought we might have a solution with the super charger. After seeing the prices I'm more inclined to call them rippoffcharger. I think we might have to BB the sleds more carbon fiber and a couple bottles and then anything goes.:ramsfan_small::nitro::beer:

zgrizz

Reaction score
Just saw the pricing. All I have to say is WOW!!!!! Not sure where they are getting the fact its going to be cheaper than a turbo. Very very dissapointed. Never could understand why people think, lets charge the max amount and have limited quantities instead of keeping the price reasonable and having your product out there. Dont get me wrong, I am sure the boys have put countless hours into testing and design, (no fun at all ;0)but come on $6000+?????? And that only includes clutching suggestions? Only theory I can seee is BRP got a hold of these guys and they made some sort of deal, seeing that rumor has it brp coming out with a stock supercharger in 2013. Was really looking forward to having one, but cant justify that kind of price.
Just want to clearify I am not knocking down ripcharger at all, in fact pretty impressed with what they came out with, just WOW!!!! That price! Ugh! Oh well I wish them all the best and hope everything works well for them.

Indy245

Reaction score
More like R.I.P.charger. Are these available yet, thought they were supposed to be ready for purchase already?

Did I mention I want one?

Last edited:

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone hear from ripcharger lately? haven't seen any updates on their site and haven't received any emails from them either...tried to send them an email on their site and got "page not found" error...is this thing dead in the water before it ever happened?

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unofficial, I heard they are done. its too bad... great idea, if only they could have worked out the kinks..

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I was told by a big Cat dealer in the US that they had it running perfect on the dyno, but when they went out west to do actual snow testing it would barely pull itself across the parking lot. I guess after hours on the laptop they made it up the hill, but still ran like a POS. So much for standalone fuel management on a 2 stroke.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did anybody have a look at the procharger from speedwerx? JAB motorsports had one on display at the edmonton show.

Big Guy 2

Reaction score
I was by their shop this summer and the sign was still on the roof! Not sure if they were still there or not.

Top Bottom