Rimbey Demolition Derby Sept 24 and 25

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, thought I'd put the word out to any of you that like watching stuff get broke.... I am organizing a new derby in Rimbey this year on Sept 24th and 25th starting at noon both days, it will be run in conjunction with the dirt track cars final point racing of the year.. so it'll be a face paced exciting weekend of metal smashing mayhem and fast cars! We will be running fullsize cars, fullsize trucks, and 4cyl minis in the derbies, we are still looking for more guys to get involved with building cars to get our numbers up so if your intrested in competing get in touch and I'll give ya the info....also we are looking for company prize sponsors that would like to have their name advertised at the event , I am doing all of this non profit so all the entry fee goes back into the community and the racetrack so prize sponsors are definatly needed... hopefully we can get some of our great S&M community involved! And we hope some of ya can make it out for the event!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Let the fun begin - I'm in. Please send me details PM sent

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Let the fun begin - I'm in. Please send me details PM sent
Thanks for getting involved E-Zmoke, sorry guys shoulda mentioned the rules and regs are on the tracks website: Home under the demo section also have them posted on the Facebook page I set up just search central alberta raceways -demolition derby-

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to hear you're resurrecting the derby. We (Rimbey Kinsmen) ran it for years at the rodeo grounds with huge turn outs. Once we moved it down to the C.A.R. grounds, sh!t kinda fell apart. They have all new governing bodies down there now, so it should be an instant success. The bump to pass was always a crowd favorite.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to hear you're resurrecting the derby. We (Rimbey Kinsmen) ran it for years at the rodeo grounds with huge turn outs. Once we moved it down to the C.A.R. grounds, sh!t kinda fell apart. They have all new governing bodies down there now, so it should be an instant success. The bump to pass was always a crowd favorite.
Ya they seem to have most of the poop in a group so far haha Travis has been a pretty easy guy to deal with for sure, I've had a few guys get pi$$ed off because Im running it different than it used to, unfortunately I wasn't here when the old derby ran so why not start new with a derby anyone young, old, newbie or veteran can build for, we will hopefully keep the guys chasing the big bucks out cause they tend to put a bad taste in the mouths of the new up and commers just getting into the sport. We are doin for the fun and the challenge not just the money, that's what has made Edson so successful and consistent over the years. Were you involved in the set up of the derby? Wouldn't mind picking your brain a bit

Last edited:

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huge thanks to my 2 new event sponsors just want to give them a shout out their sponsorships go right into the prize pool!

Highmark Interiors, Red Deer

Baron Custom Earthworks, Red Deer

Top Bottom