Riding in golden

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we went to silent pass today and waited for 45 minutes for our friends to show up who never did. So that was the start to our day, but any way, we caught up to them at Quartz creek to shread some pow. All i have to say is this is the best i have even seen golden in the past few years. We do quite a bite of boon docking and some climing, but today was wicked in those trees. was about 3-4 FT in the trees(In some Spots) and about 12" fresh in most open places. had a good day only a few stucks and no damage except for my back. Tried to lift the sled out of a hole and poped my back. so im taking it easy for the next week or so. Any Way, just so every one knows, they r grooming quartz and supose to start on the rest of them soon. i would post pics but i forgotto bring my camera from the truck when we left.

Sled ON

GRD

Reaction score
Sounds good. We ride Golden a few times a year. Good to here that the snow is there. Did you ride at Silent or just went to Quartz?

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like i said the plan was to break in the new sleds at silent because of the long trail in but our friends never showed up so we ended up going to quartz for the day. but we will be going to silent another time. next weekend we are going to revy for the weekend. hopefully the chipis burned off the new sled and i can start burnin some nitrous.

skidewrr

Reaction score
I am heading to golden early friday morning, have only ridden in valemont so far. Just got my 07 summit 800r 144x2.25 and going to break her in.
I have heard that there is more grooming done at Golden, is that tru?
Looking forward to enjoying my new mountain sled, will sell my short track soon.

When is it avalanche season? Is it the early middle or late season when its most likely?

Have a great day and pray for snow.

Bill

GRD

Reaction score
Golden & Valemount

I think Golden and Valemount are very comparable when it comes to grooming. It is always avalanche season.

Last edited:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i was u, go to revy man, we rode this past weekend and it was kinda pounded early in the day. just to many people. It will be good ridin if it snowed but it it did not snow, it will be traked up. i hit probably 5 land mines at golden so far this year. no damage but that besides the point. they need about 3-4 more feet and it will be the best ridin there ever. Just my thoughts man. Dont get me wrong, its an awsome place to ride but just not big enough for the amount of riders that r out there.

skidewrr

Reaction score
Wow what a weekend, took the new summit to golden, quartz area, and have never seen soooooo much snow. We were the first up the trail and was amazing, the trail warden said it was the most snow he has ever seen up there. Unfortunately visibility was very poor at times, would have been nice to seen some sunshine and blue skies but the trade off was lots and lots of powder.....

Stay safe and have fun, also merry christmas and happy new year!!

Bill

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok ok i take back what i said before. we rode quartz on the way home from revy this past weekend and it was dam good snow. 2-3 feet of the fluffy stuff everywhere. some parts were tore up but for the most part we found lots of fresh powder. but revelstoke was just a good. 3-4 feet everywhere and it was make a trail day everywhere u go.

Top Bottom