Riding Castlegar Dec 21-23

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Stocky heal to the steel get that diesel moving put Cowtown in your rear view mirror, Bluebird skies overhead this morning looking out to Kelly Mt no more log hauling on Archibald and the wood burner Hot tub is in action!

IMGP0492.jpg

IMGP0491.jpg

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice tub set up! Do you have someone keeping the woodstove going during the day when you're riding so it's ready afterwards! :D

Priced out the parts for the sled, $300 for a re-lined jug, $200 for pistons/rings, $100 for gaskets. Going to repack the main bearings too while it's out. Then to figure what caused it. Only thing we can figure is when I sucked in some powder last season at the start - lightweight hood and no powder sock. I never checked the pistons and thinking the damage started there and just progressed until the day it seized. Going to check the waterpump impeller and all lines/coolers for blockage. Then premixing the gas and try to see if the injector pump is working. Should have it going in a couple weeks.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks ya the tub is great takes about 4 hours to heat up around 100 degrees and stays hot for a long time when she starts to cool fire it up again 1 hour = 10 degrees. Very nice after a day of riding, picked it up at a log home show “Aluma Tubs”

Went up Gold Range yesterday snow was great a little shy in the lower areas overall had a great time. Kevin is the Fruitvale club going to start grooming up Gold Range a friend of ours said they were parking the groomer at their place at the base of one of the roads up?

Colin I gave you a call this morning left a message just going out the door heading over to the Norns Ladybird maybe see you around we will stop in on the way back then later off for dinner at the Dam Inn. My number is 1-877-295-4530 Dave/ Glenn White Dodge Bull Dog deck.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up Gold Range yesterday snow was great a little shy in the lower areas overall had a great time. Kevin is the Fruitvale club going to start grooming up Gold Range a friend of ours said they were parking the groomer at their place at the base of one of the roads up?

Not that I've heard of, they don't have tenure (that I know of) on any land yet. Gave up on Bombi, Atco won't let them have access through their property which is basically all of the powerlines and up to Granite pass. I wouldn't be suprised if they start grooming Archibald though now that the logging is done. When they were grooming the Bombi it was on their own with no agreement with Forestry. We'll see what happens. Just as long as they don't start the same drama that happened on Bombi it'll be good. :D

Their website says they do have an agreement again with the NCC for Darkwoods area. So if you're up Porcupine (including Amilson lake and east), they want you to join either their club or Creston. And there are new Caribou closures for Oscar/Wildhorse creek as well as top of Sheep ck - Curtis/Waldie lake closed from Sheep ck east. Looks like the corridors through Panther and Gamble cks into Elmo are still open.

Stocky

Reaction score
Damn!! Back in Calgary. Great ride up Archibald, thanks again SS for helping me out of some good stucks. :beer: Ladybird was beauty as usual, thanks for beverages Colin, good to finally meet ya. :d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just as long as they don't start the same drama that happened on Bombi it'll be good.

They can try to start the same sh!t and they will find that the very minimal amount of courtesy they were shown last time, has now disappeared. I have spoken to a number of locals that have adopted a "Zero Tolerance" policy for their BS tactics.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one wanting or looking for mechanical work done on sleds,cars,trucks i am trying to fill the garage with stuff to do. I charge 50%of what shops charge. give me a shout 250 304-2220 or cell 250-304-7441
thank s colin

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as far as conditions right now on the norns and lady bird sides, we need snow. starting to get beat down. but there is still lots of fresh, just have to find in trees and other areas around. will give another update saturday

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one wanting or looking for mechanical work done on sleds,cars,trucks i am trying to fill the garage with stuff to do. I charge 50%of what shops charge. give me a shout 250 304-2220 or cell 250-304-7441
thank s colin

Hey Colin, nice meeting ya last weekend! Did you get the Yamaha tuned to your liking? Sounded friggen sweet!

And don't let Darlene read this thread, she's got a reputation around that place! :D

Kevin

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had run ins with that mean old.... i cant say that many bad words here i will get kicked off, lol. ya she is one of a kind. the reason i want to quit and just do my own thing.
I am looking for extra work for any and all makes and models of cars trucks and sleds. boats too but thats more so in spring.
Also looking for someone with apex s/c that wants a fuel programmer (piggy back) system installed. I put rapid bike 3 on mine but not really happy with it. i have a line on other programmers that will work better and compensate for all. The cost is 400us and a gm 3 bar map sensor.I will do the work for free and the tuning for free also, i want to try this new programmer. I see a winner with this new programmer and no one uses it. will work up to 32 psi boost, 2 strokes, 4 strokes, 2 cyl,4 cyl. just not 3 cyl, sorry nytro guys.
So any way if some one is looking for some r&d for free give me a shout

Top Bottom