Riding Castlegar Dec 21-23

Apextenn

Reaction score
Me and a buddy have plans to head to castlegar from Dec 21-23 as we have a buddy who just bought a place their. He has to work during the week but we would love to go snowmobileing in the area and were just wondering if anyone else would mind haveing two tag alongs with them as we really have never been to the area and would appreciate it greatly.

Regards

Fraser

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a buddy have plans to head to castlegar from Dec 21-23 as we have a buddy who just bought a place their. He has to work during the week but we would love to go snowmobileing in the area and were just wondering if anyone else would mind haveing two tag alongs with them as we really have never been to the area and would appreciate it greatly.

Regards

Fraser

Haha, Thanks Fraser.

I'll be the other guy heading out to Castlegar.

I guess the only thing we should mention since you have your location being from the sticks, is that both of us have a few years mountain riding experience, including all gear. I'd say we are considered average skilled riders. I don't like to play on hills much but Fraser does.

That being said we're just looking for a good group to have some good rides with.

Q

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and I will be in Grand forks from 26 to Jan 6th, riding the back country there with a 4-5 group of locals. Fun times! PM me if you want some info.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the 28th Monday, Stocky and I will be riding Nelson or the Gar area not sure yet maybe just Rovers possibly head up to Ladybird if we get a group. I have to drop off some parts at Main Jet in the am departing from there and will depend on the conditions at the time, we’ll see.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NEED MORE SNOW!!!!!!!!

:d

Was cold for a little bit there, keep your heads up in Ladybird, things could shift around if they get some snow over XMAS time.

Ride Safe.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mod Ya she’s been cold and probably a good layer of hoar frost up top we’ll be dealing with for awhile now, warm in the valley today!

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks update Wayne, Ya I still have the swing by the Rec Center pick up a membership, as well one to ride Porcupine Cr, some new regs I hear in this area. Hay you all do a do a great job up there!

If it looks good for riding, I'll stash a bottle along the trail and e-mail you a map to it, Happy New Year!
Dave

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
menzy i dont have your number, i did get 4 drums of fuel and i think i have way to much. if ya need some give me a shout. i will have ma and pa here on the 26 but would love to go for a ride. please groom the trail this am as i head up at lunch time. lol special request. 250-304-2220. thansk colin ss badaz give me a shout when you are in town. i am at the base of norns road, ladybird

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will do that, Just working to get the 900 up and ready for next week the parts are arriving as we speak lol got to love Skinz timely shipping on the front bumper and my rider select delete plate is now lost in the mail on its way back to New Mexico… lol
The cat M8 is in town Salmo so got the back up sled, Monday I am up for a ride Lady sounds good! as buddy from the Slocan valley has only that day his folks live by the river there just up from the CO-OP Gas station, I usually hook up there with him then go.
Ph number company toll free will ring on my cell 1-877-295-4530
Thanks Dave

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am the last house on norns road with the chain link gate and large shop green roof. stop over for a beer before or after ride if i dont talk to you before monday

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good if we hit the Norns defiantly Stocky and I will stop in for a cold one!
I will give you a call for sure. Looks like I may end up hauling out the 28Ft V nose from Calgary on Sat or Sunday coming out with some friends sleds for riding after New Years. I will just place mine on Stocks truck for the Norns run, as I recall the road was not to trailer friendly.

Stocky

Reaction score
Yahoo! Can't wait to get out there! Looks like we're doing Ladybird SS, so we'll definitely stop by Shiznitts' place. :d

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just leave your trailers and sleds in the shop. gated and then you dont have to haul back and forth. guys have just broke through ladybird. they said was a challange. i was up yesterday to goosecreek,norns and there was another 2 feet. snow was great and sunny, absolutly great. i hope spelling does not count lol. tanks wayne for the nice groom yesterday. sorry i screwed up the trail past the cabin i tryed to burry the trench lol. i will try and send a propane bottle up in the next few days, cabin is out.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant post pictures or every one will come lol. i will get some picks for ya,

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ss badas are you related to get er done?, i thought some how some maybe heard wrong?,

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ss badas are you related to get er done?, i thought some how some maybe heard wrong?,

No relation there! Clinton B.C. boy myself no relatives and no friends in Calgary…. :d Just Family and friends in the Kootenays Salmo, Nelson, Trail, and the Gar…LOL.
Our business allows lots of travel back and forth to our place in Salmo I think this year we spent more time in the kootenays then we did in Calgary, I miss the mountains to much besides got a horse now got to get him down to the acreage, it was a toss up quad or horse but the horse can go more places.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yahoo! Can't wait to get out there! Looks like we're doing Ladybird SS, so we'll definitely stop by Shiznitts' place. :d

Stocky you get that break cable fixed on the 670 yet and did get out for a ride? Hope you all had a great Christmas!

Have allot to do before I hit the road, need any thing from town let me know I got your new rear bumper and your ski skinz are in as well all of Justin’s Speedwerx Pipe, Y and PC III is in for the M1 so we will be doing a quick set up re&re for that in the tailor and try the map out Eric from RS set up, I hope is plug and play for him don’t feel like messing with that on our first ride out, my shoulder feels ok for riding but ribs are still a little sore, I should be fine though.

Top Bottom