Riding Castlegar Dec 21-23

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the tank for the lights i guess was out. heard some locals saying that it was out

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed you yesterday, major delay getting out of Main Jet, then it was to late we did stop by the house for a cold one but guess you were up top at around 2:30
May try again this weekend going up Marble tomorrow see how it is riding Via Erie Creek then Granite Creek
talk to you soon
Dave

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you guys get out yesterday?, we went to shaw cabin and hang out there and play at the airport. was good, snow was packed down pretty good, had to look in trees for fresh. was that you that called on saturday, sorry i missed it if you did.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you guys get out yesterday?, we went to shaw cabin and hang out there and play at the airport. was good, snow was packed down pretty good, had to look in trees for fresh. was that you that called on saturday, sorry i missed it if you did.

Colin,

Out of curiousity are you calling the "airport" where we dropped in and briefly played that one night? From having other locals describe the airport, it sounded as if it was a different location.

Fraser and I were responsible for pounding that area in pretty good =)

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the air port is just down from where we were playing both that day and the night ride. by the map it is just a bit lower, but all the same. when you going to post some picks of the day i had to work, damn guys had so much blue bird and some nice snow

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes that was me, Monday was not a good day, got in real late from Calgary then down to Nelson bit more delays getting out of Main Jet by the time we hit Pass creek was just getting to late in the day to head up the trail about 8 to 10 trucks staged up top I figured you were up riding, so there will be another day and more snow. Ended up taking a drive up to the staging area at Russell creek a few trucks up that end as well, never been in that way.
Going out this morning to maybe hit Marble no log trucks haling today and a bit of snow fluff on the 2nd Relief road so were just going to ride out from the house. I will let you know when were back over your way.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the air port is just down from where we were playing both that day and the night ride. by the map it is just a bit lower, but all the same. when you going to post some picks of the day i had to work, damn guys had so much blue bird and some nice snow

Ahh.. makes sense. From others description it sounded as if you go along the ridge further and drop into the area. I would have liked to have more time to explore as we could see open hills further off in the distance. I'm sure some of those remained untouched as it appeared most sleders don't go that far, at least with poor visibility.

I didn't take any pictures. I didn't have a camera (remember, I wanted Fraser to buy me the G11 so I didn't have to lug the 40D around). We did snap some pics with Frasers camera, but I think he was going to refrain from posting as to not bring undue attention to the area =) That way you might still find some fresh after we beat the airport in pretty good!

I hate the word EPIC, but some of the turns I had there were epic! At one point we were just following eachother around cutting our own fresh lines and I looked over my shoulder in full lean and saw both Graham and Fraser doing the same. Pretty sweet moment.

Only other day I've had that could measure at that level was a trip last year to "revy" =)

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well hotel colin is always up for adventure. if you arent wrecken sh*t your not trying hard enough lol. glad you had a good time. more snow this week and through next week. we should have a few feet by the mid month

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well hotel colin is always up for adventure. if you arent wrecken sh*t your not trying hard enough lol. glad you had a good time. more snow this week and through next week. we should have a few feet by the mid month

As tempting as that is, I don't think another 13 hr drive is in order this weekend. :(

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Ladybird on Tuesday, snow was good - 9' at the cabin, watched some good climbs at the end of the slides just before the bowl. Won't head back up there until the groomer makes it over that side again, trail was great to 12km turn, then all the way from there to tree line was moguls. And yes I did join this year Wayne! :D Hope to make it up there this season for more then just the seafest!

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were headed to Marble yesterday but then ended going Craigtown Cr up and over played up top over towards Midday Peak, the fog and snow was setting in and the flat light made things real hard to see no stumps showing about 5 ft snow good base a bit more will be nice.
Thinking New Year’s day we may over in to the Gold Range don’t think there is enough snow on the gas line for climbing but we will head over towards the cabin area take it easy play around depends how the morning goes could be a late start!
Now I got to get this wood burning hot tub fired up, always good after a day of sledding and a hangover…

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking New Year’s day we may over in to the Gold Range don’t think there is enough snow on the gas line for climbing but we will head over towards the cabin area take it easy play around depends how the morning goes could be a late start!
Did you get up Archibald or Query at all? Thinking of playing on the gas line this week on days off and maybe head over to Hellroaring area.

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
Kevin the ladybird side was groomed wed.,i guess you were a day to early,it was done again today.The cat is at Colin's and will have to be moved back to the goose side,Alberto and Graham tried getting from Ladybird to firerock but couldn't,need the snow to set up some more. thx wayne p.s. i knew you were a member,remember who the secrertary is that makes the club member list,sitting 119 members right now

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kevin the ladybird side was groomed wed.,i guess you were a day to early,it was done again today.The cat is at Colin's and will have to be moved back to the goose side,Alberto and Graham tried getting from Ladybird to firerock but couldn't,need the snow to set up some more. thx wayne p.s. i knew you were a member,remember who the secrertary is that makes the club member list,sitting 119 members right now

Ahhhh..

That's what that trailer was for...

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a lovely new snow plow in the yard lol. you can keep the cat there when ever you guys need, i do not mind nor care. if ya need fixen same rules aply when wayne owned the place. shop is open for service and fixen when ever you need. may have to move some junk first.
we went through from ladybird to shaw cabin on friday, snow seemed ok lots of wind drifted areas. i think you should be able to make it across. cant we use that trailer for the cat?, i heard it bottomed out when trying to load. may have to build a beaver tail??

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never made it out to the Gold Range New Years day the weather was a bit grey and lot's of fog:rant:, just took a quick run up behind the house for a few hours.
We did blaze a trail into Lost Lake yesterday that was a bit of work, no one had been in yet, good trail in now. Never hit the hills and the trees have really growen up, snow conditions were not the best and nothing has slid yet just played around on the lake, had fire going all was great no wind and warm out.

Hay K Cat we are around all week as well thinking maybe going up Archibald Creek sometime this week if the fog lifts a bit, I checked today and no Log trucks were hauling down looked good from this end.

Colin if the weather and conditions are good we will be over on Saturday in the am for a ride.
Also some are looking for just a trail pass and others memberships should we stop in at Castlegar 1st or will there be any availiable at the trail head
Thanks Dave

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never made it out to the Gold Range New Years day the weather was a bit grey and lot's of fog:rant:, just took a quick run up behind the house for a few hours.
We did blaze a trail into Lost Lake yesterday that was a bit of work, no one had been in yet, good trail in now. Never hit the hills and the trees have really growen up, snow conditions were not the best and nothing has slid yet just played around on the lake, had fire going all was great no wind and warm out.

Hay K Cat we are around all week as well thinking maybe going up Archibald Creek sometime this week if the fog lifts a bit, I checked today and no Log trucks were hauling down looked good from this end.

Would love to get out for a ride but started up Norns today to take advantage of the sun and only made it 4km from the truck when I siezed up the 800. Looking like an injection pump failure. :( So unfortunately I'm out for a while until I can find 2 jugs for it. If anyone has parts for an '01 800 Summit, I'm looking! :D

Stocky

Reaction score
Man that sucks Kev, I know how that feels. We'll be doing both Archibald and Ladybird, not necessarily in that order. Probably stop in Shiznit100's again when we hit Norn's. :cool:

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear the 800 blew up, had a friend that swamped his sled and froze the oil line, he got the motor warrantied due to a failed oil pump lol. i will keep my eyes open for ya.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not good man sorry to hear, I am sure there has got to be something around to get you up and going again.

Top Bottom