Riding at Waiparous and Maclean this weekend

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you'll get some feedback over in the other thread regarding places to stay, I actually used to live right near Bo Dids in the west end, and there are a few hotels in that area - none of which i've ever stayed at though so can't offer any advice to you there. Most people are staying closer to the sled show, not sure if you are attending that, but if you are just attending the premier I would find something as close to Bo's as possible. (Maybe check out the Mayfield Inn?)

Well we originally were going to do the whole loop, Calgary to visit Mom, MacLean to ride, Banff for a night, Off to Nordegg to visit Dad and do more riding, but now my Mom is busy and we don't need to blow a bunch of money in Banff so we just decided to chill at my Dad's for the whole weekend and do some riding there. If you ever get a chance to ride in Nordegg you should - lots of great riding up there!! And keep in mind my old man runs a resort up there (cabins), so if your looking to ever do a weekend trip my folks place is excellent accomodations (Coliseum Mountain Resort). Can ride from the front door of the cabins!

yammysnyotas

Reaction score
I think you'll get some feedback over in the other thread regarding places to stay, I actually used to live right near Bo Dids in the west end, and there are a few hotels in that area - none of which i've ever stayed at though so can't offer any advice to you there. Most people are staying closer to the sled show, not sure if you are attending that, but if you are just attending the premier I would find something as close to Bo's as possible. (Maybe check out the Mayfield Inn?)

Well we originally were going to do the whole loop, Calgary to visit Mom, MacLean to ride, Banff for a night, Off to Nordegg to visit Dad and do more riding, but now my Mom is busy and we don't need to blow a bunch of money in Banff so we just decided to chill at my Dad's for the whole weekend and do some riding there. If you ever get a chance to ride in Nordegg you should - lots of great riding up there!! And keep in mind my old man runs a resort up there (cabins), so if your looking to ever do a weekend trip my folks place is excellent accomodations (Coliseum Mountain Resort). Can ride from the front door of the cabins!

Yeah, I hadn't heard about the sled show until today, guess I'm out of the loop on that side of things! I'll keep looking around though, hopefully all those sledders don't book up the whole area!

The family side of it definitely explains the round trip, but no worries, I was riding in Maclean in November last year, so all hope isn't lost just yet! We might even still be able to plan a ride. I've heard great things about Nordegg though, i'll definitely have to look into it! It's probably going to work its way into next years plans with the way this site project is going, but who knows! That's a pretty handy business for your pops to be in though! Lucky!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hadn't heard about the sled show until today, guess I'm out of the loop on that side of things! I'll keep looking around though, hopefully all those sledders don't book up the whole area!

The family side of it definitely explains the round trip, but no worries, I was riding in Maclean in November last year, so all hope isn't lost just yet! We might even still be able to plan a ride. I've heard great things about Nordegg though, i'll definitely have to look into it! It's probably going to work its way into next years plans with the way this site project is going, but who knows! That's a pretty handy business for your pops to be in though! Lucky!

Yeah but Bo Diddleys (Where the Premier is) is not all that close to where the sled show is, so like I said if your planning to attend just the premier, or even if you check out the sled show durign the day, then head to the premier later - you're far better off finding a hotel close to Bo's. All the sled show people will be staying closer to the Show for convenience purposes throughout the weekend, so to avoid congested hotels I'd check out something in the west end rather then by Northlands...for your convenience :)

Ya for sure! Well if my Mom wasn't heading to Florida for the winter I'd be comign down regularily throughout the rest of the season to visit and come ride, but we might still get a chance to come down and stay at their place and hang out with my step dad and maybe come check out McLean with you one day ;) If we can squeeze it in before the snow flies! McLean would be great to ride late in the season, even when the ground starts to freeze...just need to add a few extra layers and yer good to go!

Top Bottom