Riding at the lake 4th addition !!!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
I'm feeling a little bad about this years snow prediction, I said there was going to be 4 feet of snow and there is only 3 feet. There is only a few weeks of good snow making time and could miss my mark. LOL
The trails were groomed on monday they should be ready to go when you get out here. The lake has quite a bit of top water, BE CAREFULL
See you on the trails
Don
PS, You know when the folks are getting spoiled, They remind you that you missed grooming a 3 km section and it is getting bumpy . LOL

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You used to be able to just go to long lake and stage at the boat dock...............update would be good,dont think anyone has been parking at thew store!
catmando!

• Thanks
Reactions: CJR

sledd boy

Reaction score
We were out on saturday had a good ride lots of snow in area 51. Must say that what you are doing is above and beyond, the trail out to figure lake was noting that the boys with the big toys could do better. Now just stop telling every one what we have known for the last 45 years. Thanks for the hard work

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Folks
Well another snowmobile season is coming to a close, ya I know there's still over two feet of snow out there but it's going to last a couple of weeks before the roads turn to mud and we all get golfing , boating, and fishing on the brain. It has been a joy to ride at the Lake, the snow being three feet deep didn't
hurt, Who knows what it will be like next year, OH YA I will give my prediction in a few months. Sorry for being wrong this year, I know I said four feet of snow, oh well. The groomer worked well, I was thanked for my time and effort many times and the donations I received made it a little easier on my pocket book.
The Rhino is in need of a little work, I wore the guide wheel off on one of the tracks so I'm waiting for parts.
There was a poker rally run through the area on the trails I groom so to say the least it is now very rough on the south end of the trails.

There is a safety issue I would like to bring to all the trail riders at the lake. The Beaver ponds in the area have dried up but the ice is still there hanging in mid air, this is a normal occurance but if you go over that pond you could be in a world of hurt if it caves in with you on it, please use caution while on them or near them.

Well since I think I have said all I need to say for this Winter I'll call it a night
See you on the trails next season
Don:cool:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Folks
Well another snowmobile season is coming to a close, ya I know there's still over two feet of snow out there but it's going to last a couple of weeks before the roads turn to mud and we all get golfing , boating, and fishing on the brain. It has been a joy to ride at the Lake, the snow being three feet deep didn't
hurt, Who knows what it will be like next year, OH YA I will give my prediction in a few months. Sorry for being wrong this year, I know I said four feet of snow, oh well. The groomer worked well, I was thanked for my time and effort many times and the donations I received made it a little easier on my pocket book.
The Rhino is in need of a little work, I wore the guide wheel off on one of the tracks so I'm waiting for parts.
There was a poker rally run through the area on the trails I groom so to say the least it is now very rough on the south end of the trails.

There is a safety issue I would like to bring to all the trail riders at the lake. The Beaver ponds in the area have dried up but the ice is still there hanging in mid air, this is a normal occurance but if you go over that pond you could be in a world of hurt if it caves in with you on it, please use caution while on them or near them.
Well since I think I have said all I need to say for this Winter I'll call it a night
See you on the trails next season
Don:cool:

Don, I hope that the poker rally committee approached you and offered you a token of their appreciation before they sent a 140 sleds over the nicely groomed trails.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I had to try the Rhino one more time before I took the tracks off, there was a problem derailing the front left track, got it figured out today and all is well, good to go for next year.
Oh ya we got 6 inches of the white stuff over the weekend. And yes folks I groomed the south end trails, boy can a poker rally beat up a nice trail, all is good now!
My latest attempt at utubing, very nice day out in the forest.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I had to try the Rhino one more time before I took the tracks off, there was a problem derailing the front left track, got it figured out today and all is well, good to go for next year.
Oh ya we got 6 inches of the white stuff over the weekend. And yes folks I groomed the south end trails, boy can a poker rally beat up a nice trail, all is good now!
My latest attempt at utubing, very nice day out in the forest.
Grooming at Long Lake. - YouTube

Don
I found a 2001 Summit 700 in Ponoka with 285m/455Km on it, minty, minty, minty, think there is enough snow out there sill to take it for a test run? LOL After the storm there must be 4' in the bush?

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come and enjoy. 6 inches of new snow on top of freshly groomed trails , can't get any better

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well I spent the last couple of days on the trails here at the lake, for this time of the year it is amazing, the snow is still 3ft deep, and the trails are in good shape if you travel south or east.
I will have all the trails groomed for long weekend so get out here and enjoy
See you on the trails
Don :cool:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well I put 80 km on the groomer today, it's quite nice out here right now. the trails are the best they have been all winter, this was my last grooming day of the season, time to hang up the tracks and get ready for spring. It was quite an experience grooming the trails, more work than I thought but well worth it.
I have a few people I need to thank, starting with Mitch, if not for him we would all be running on very bumpy trails, thanks to you, there was several folks that thought the trails were nice and donated to the grooming fund, Doug, Brian, Peter, Rick, Ross, Kendall, Larry, Sheila, Scott, Dave, Ken, Peter and some I have forgot, sorry for that, a bunch of people that stopped me on the trail gave me $20 and kept on going

I put 1252km on the Rhino, with very few issues, and groomed at least once a week since the middle of November.
Anyways, it's been a great winter, lots of fun grooming and Riding AT The Lake .
Looking at a different power unit for next year, more power and comfort, getting older you know, need to keep these old bones happy

So if you liked the trail conditions hit the button below, because that's what it's all about
Thanks Don
See you on the trails :cool:

Last edited:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been north of Wasktenau in the crown land?Just wondering if it's worth the drive?

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Folks FYI
As I mentioned the grooming is over for this year, and I want to bring this to your attention, the quadders got out on the trails to the south this weekend, so be aware that they are a little beat up and to watch for the ruts if you decide to get that last ride in.
Don :cool:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Folks I can't believe it but we got another 10 innnnnnches of snow here today!
I wanted to save this for next November.
Oh Well if your needing one more ride we have the snow.
Don

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Folks I can't believe it but we got another 10 innnnnnches of snow here today!
I wanted to save this for next November.
Oh Well if your needing one more ride we have the snow.
Don

Heading out to the farm for a ride today, great news! Only a couple inches in Emonton.

Top Bottom