Riding at the lake 4th addition !!!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks are we ready for this thing to go on, or have you had enough?
:)
Only 165 more days untill we are snowmobiling!!
This should get the juices flowing
See you on the trails
Don

Attachments

• 001 [1280x768].jpg
    001 [1280x768].jpg
    157 KB · Views: 833

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks, I will be down for a week or so, off to see the surgeon in Westlock again, time for a new right knee.

Just to up date, the drag will get some mods this summer, going to put a small cutter on it down low to clean some of the scub brush off. I saw this on one of the grooming sights, looks easy and will clean up the trail edges. The groomer will be back from Summit trailers, The Boss is putting a nice coat of plastic paint on it along with a spring hitch to take out the shock, this will stop me from doing the windshield taste test.

Now remember folks, the summer is great here at the lake, the rain has stopped any chance of us burning down this beautiful play ground of ours but that doesn't stop us from getting hurt, wear your helmut, easy on the beverages, and have a safe summer, because it's 159 more days untill snowmobiling!!!!
Let's Be Carefull Out There!!!!!

See you on the trails
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well the first summer long weekend is here, I wish everyone a safe, great break.
Remember there is only 145 more days until we are sledding at the Lake.
See you on the trails
Don:thumbsup2:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Just a short note
The New Gravel pit north of the lake off of Blk 15 is in full production, use extreme caution if in that area.
Don

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Just a short note
The New Gravel pit north of the lake off of Blk 15 is in full production, use extreme caution if in that area.
Don

Ummm That shouldnt be the case as i dont think they have a de watering permit yet...

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well we are on the last legs of a great summer here at the Lake, the new knee is coming along, should be good for the winter fun. I'm not looking for snow yet but it doesn't hurt to get you in the mood.
I'll be making my winter weather prediction soon and it is looking good for us here at the Lake. Do you believe this B.S. !! anyway we live in Alberta an it will be cold.

I took an on line grooming course this summer, picked up a lot of good ideas, believe it or not there is a lot of science to grooming.
I plan on doing some trail cleaning in late september, the trails that I groomed last year need a little pruning, this is not trail Blazing just some clean up, but it will take a few days over the fall to get it done.
Have a great long weekend and we might
See you on the trails
Don:cool:

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well it has finally happened, our first frost of the season, went out this morning and the car has a beautiful layer of the white stuff on it. You know what that means, I can't remember where I put the scraper, oh well thank goodness we have Command Start so we don't have to scrape and can waste more 1.20 a liter gas. Ok that's my rant for the this fall.
The leaves are turning at the right time, not too early, it would be nice to have a few left at Thanks Giving. Enough of all the B.S. it's time to make my winter weather prediction.
Well I don't use any any animal parts to do this it's just gut feeling and living at the Lake for over twenty years.
So here goes
September has produced some ok temps but hang on it's going to snow within two weeks, it never last but some dam chilly days coming next week.
October will be very nice untill the 20th then start to cooool. Halloween is freezing this year - 15 c
November will be warm, some rain near the the 3rd week but it has already been stinkin cold for the first two weeks so it will be a little break.
December is a month I never get right, so it will be cold enough by the 1st week to get on the ice to do some testing. Snowmobiling by Christmas? You bet, this year there will be a foot on the ground.
New years was soo nice last year, this year you better have your woolies ready for your out door parties. The month will provide the normal freeze your a$$ temps, only two minus 40 days last year
at least 6 this year with a good measure of minus 30 to go around , the snow will be normal dry and about 25 cm.
February and March are bundled this year, cool and average snow, should get around 70 cm . Now last year there wasn't a lot of folks out at the Lake, everyone thought there was no snow, let me tell you there was plenty, well over a foot of the white stuff, you missed some great riding.
April, I'll be golfing where it's warm, who cares.
Well there's the B.S. for another year.
It's going to be quite beautiful in the bush here in Alberta over the next few weeks, take the time to get the family out and enjoy it.

Oh ya, I forgot to mention, the trails in the area will be groomed again this year by Yours Truly, so wave when you go by, or if you're frozen stop and warm up in my HEATED cab.
Seriously, the trail from the Narrows on the east side to the "T" up the road, south along the top of the lake out to the Thorhild Grazing reserve, back to the "T" and all the way out to the Big pipe line will be groomed. I'm looking at a few more trails to groom but will see how the snow is during the season.

See you on the trails
Don:flagca:

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Folks
I told you it might snow, it's a good thing I didn't say where. Now there was some falling in Kenora on friday.
See you on the trails
Don:rolleyes:

Last edited:

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets hope it snows boat loads out there, I'll be rocking a 163" this year so it would suck if there wasn't any, The long ones dont like meager snow...

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks the weather is changing.
This is an old map of the Lake area. The blue and green lines mean something, but due to liability issues I can`t tell you what it is!!
The red lines are old pipelines from the eightys, mostly grown in now.
Snow on monday. Is your sled ready???
See you on the trails
Don

Attachments

• long lake snowmobile map.jpg
    long lake snowmobile map.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Glen, your right, do you know I have been on everyone of those trails at one time or another. pretty great eh!!
Now you know why I want to protect it from the "Man"

See you on the trails
Don :)

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Glen, your right, do you know I have been on everyone of those trails at one time or another. pretty great eh!!
Now you know why I want to protect it from the "Man"

See you on the trails
Don :)

Been riding this area since we had our first 1974 340 Olimpique, burned more gas in the sled than we did feeding cows all winter. Lots of trails have been grown over or have lease fences. Hopefully no more of the trails are lost. Good on you Don for taking care of your area. Not many that take care of the trails. I still like to make a couple trips a year with the chain saw to get rid of deadfall. More to the south end of your map.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well I'm sitting here in southern Ontario, had my first 9 holes since the knee
Replacement. And it's not snowing here. Well the last time I came home and made my winter predictions from here we
ended up with 3 feet of snow in 2010 - 11. So lets just say we are going to get 4 feet this year and be done with it.

See u on the trails
Don.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hi folks
well i'm sitting here in southern ontario, had my first 9 holes since the knee
replacement. And it's not snowing here. Well the last time i came home and made my winter predictions from here we
ended up with 3 feet of snow in 2010 - 11. So lets just say we are going to get 4 feet this year and be done with it.

See u on the trails
don.

hoping we get the same here :)

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well I'm sitting here in southern Ontario, had my first 9 holes since the knee
Replacement. And it's not snowing here. Well the last time I came home and made my winter predictions from here we

See u on the trails
Don.

Why stop at 4 feet? What about those harsh prairie winters of old that i keep hearing about? i want one of those with 6 feet of snow haha

Top Bottom