Ride Smart Be Safe

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like there should be a couple of good donations coming in to the McBride S&R. Shouldn't expect that kind of service for free!!

TJ 800

Reaction score
Those GPS radios are the way to go. I have two of those Rhino 120 buddy finders. The guy I ride with is looking to buy one as well. For now he has a set of walkies. Which he lends others that don't have. They can help as long as you can describe where you are. Stuck on a hill near a tree doesn't help us.

But with the GPS push of a button and we know where you are.
Where is a good place in Edmonton to get these? do they work with who ever has one or do you buy for your group and program them for the ones in your group only?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is a good place in Edmonton to get these? do they work with who ever has one or do you buy for your group and program them for the ones in your group only?

I bought mine at Canadian Tire about 7 or 8 years ago. So the 120 is an old model. There are newer models and as far as I know I think they are all compatible. As far as radio goes I can use the same channel's and talk with guys using cobra of other radios. But I don't see why the gps feature wouldn't be compatible with the newer models.

I am not sure what the range is on them .

When you buy one you set your name or call sign up. And pick an icon. Then if you push the one button. Everyone else that has a gps buddy finder will see where your location is as long as they are within range.

Last edited:
Top Bottom