Ride Rasmussen Style Riding Clinic...... 2012

• Thread starter ASEMotorsportsTyler
  • Start date

Where would you like to see this clinic held?

• Total voters

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride Rasmussen. In my truly honest opinion I would never take this clinic if it was gave to me for free after I see the bs that has gone on here in the last two days. Yesterday morning we woke up to a nice crisp temperature of -36. Because of this no one went out until 2pm. Bret lead the group up Allan creek. He took the liberty of dropping in first. He ended up getting his sled in a bad place and had to leave it there for the night. So yesterday no one even got to spend any time ridding with Bret. So today they had to go on a recovery for his sled. They told us it would only take 45 min to get this out. This being said we all kind of started to think if it only would take that time to do it why they would not have tried yesterday. Soon after we find out he broke his chain case. With this all happening over the last two days we did not even get to ride with Bret at all. So basically we spent 750 bucks to have him show us a 5 minute clip from his schooled video. I feel we have been taken advantage of and I know I am not the only one that feels this way. I really don't blame this all on Brett. ASE motor sports was the ones that were the organizers for this whole thing. I have never seen such a disorganized function in my life. The place they they rented to stay was so cold that one guy slept in his truck. Tyler if you would like to talk to me about this pm me and I will happily give you my phone number and we can discuss it.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride Rasmussen. In my truly honest opinion I would never take this clinic if it was gave to me for free after I see the bs that has gone on here in the last two days. Yesterday morning we woke up to a nice crisp temperature of -36. Because of this no one went out until 2pm. Bret lead the group up Allan creek. He took the liberty of dropping in first. He ended up getting his sled in a bad place and had to leave it there for the night. So yesterday no one even got to spend any time ridding with Bret. So today they had to go on a recovery for his sled. They told us it would only take 45 min to get this out. This being said we all kind of started to think if it only would take that time to do it why they would not have tried yesterday. Soon after we find out he broke his chain case. With this all happening over the last two days we did not even get to ride with Bret at all. So basically we spent 750 bucks to have him show us a 5 minute clip from his schooled video. I feel we have been taken advantage of and I know I am not the only one that feels this way. I really don't blame this all on Brett. ASE motor sports was the ones that were the organizers for this whole thing. I have never seen such a disorganized function in my life. The place they they rented to stay was so cold that one guy slept in his truck. Tyler if you would like to talk to me about this pm me and I will happily give you my phone number and we can discuss it.

I'm sorry you had such a chitty experience. I did the clinic with Bret last year, and despite the very very cold and the low snow conditions in McBride, Bret showed up 100% every day and we all learned something. My experience with Bret leads me to believe that alot of your predicament was due to unfortunate circumstances because I know Bret to be a personable and dedicated teacher. Perhaps you should speak with Bret and Tyler sooner rather than later- I really think they would try to make it right??? Again- sorry for the bad taste you got- that sucks.

Stantheman

Reaction score
I have to agree with hillclimb10. Total ch!t show. Best decision I made regarding this clinic was bailing on day two. Road blue river today, it was great. Glad I cut my loses and went with some buddies for a good ride.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a gongshow that sounds like. Sooooo glad I passed on that. Hope you guys reach some kind of satisfaction to make up for a crappy unorganized kindergarten field trip....

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess u never have made a mistake with directions? And u must never get stuck! Also u machine I guess never ever brakes down! ch!t u must be a pro!!!!!! When is ur clinxc?

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honda310r are you kidding me. I see you must be okay with getting screwed. I never said my sled does not brake down or get stuck. What I am saying is that I paid a good chunk of money and am no better off then when I started. To tell you the truth no I don't give a ch!t that his sled broke down. He has three spare sleds in the trailer. Take one of those put your clinic on then tomorrow go deal with your broke down sled. I didnt drive 11 hr for this ch!t. Get your story straight before you start judging me.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honda310r are you kidding me. I see you must be okay with getting screwed. I never said my sled does not brake down or get stuck. What I am saying is that I paid a good chunk of money and am no better off then when I started. To tell you the truth no I don't give a ch!t that his sled broke down. He has three spare sleds in the trailer. Take one of those put your clinic on then tomorrow go deal with your broke down sled. I didnt drive 11 hr for this ch!t. Get your story straight before you start judging me.
Actually get ur story straight he did put on a clinic my 2 buddies were in it today for about 5hrs ripping with him where were u? He used ase's sled while the ase dude was down in the trees fixing his sled ! How do I know more about the ride than u???? Lmao wow! I'd never want to sled with u in the back country if ur all about leaving sleds and ppl behind! ch!t happens to everyone I bet if ur sled was broke down or stuck he'd help u out in a minute!!!!!!!

Dragin

Reaction score
So to the guys that bailed get your facts straight. Bret made a wrong turn on day one and ended up in a bad spot. Chit happens deal with it. We had a guide lined up but they didn't feel comfortable about the cold temps so they bailed. On day 2 we all went in and split into 2 groups. 1 to retrieve Bret's sled and another to actually get some riding in while we waited. Then Bret's chain broke. Again Chit happens deal with it. After a short wait Bret borrowed Tyler's sled and came to ride with us and do as much of a clinic as he could under the circumstances. He helped me out a lot and I learned quite a bit from him.

No one can control the weather.
Stuff breaks when you least expect it. And people make mistakes.

Stop bad mouthing the clinic if you weren't even there for the whole thing.

You bailed its your loss.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything Hillclimb said x2. Complete joke. My ride Rasmussen experience consisted of one of Tyler from ASE Motorsports buddy's "teaching" me..........by telling me to "ride down this slope to the meadows" and he'll watch out for us while they try and pull out Bret's sled. I didn't pay $750 bone to have some half wit "look" over me. I paid to ride with Rasmussen and that did not happen. ch!t happens and sleds break but when you have 8+ people pay top dollar to ride in a clinic and learn from the master, that is what should happen. if his sled breaks, bring out back up #3 and continue to fulfill what people paid top dollar for and dig his sled out after the "clinic" is done.

My best decision this week was booking us into the Best western instead of the chit hole lodge everyone else stayed in, at an extra $250 a person on top of the $ 750. Apparently there was a pretty interesting discussion last night at the lodge. I guess when you freeze at night people get cranky. Sure does suck having to sleep in your truck.

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where were we. We left. I was not going to sit there all day and wait. So now your saying that we paid for a two day course that is a total of 5 hours. From my under standing your a good friend of the organizer of this event and are taking this personal. I never once said to leave Brett ether you are trying to twist my story. I said leave his sled then tomorrow go back and deal with it. Any way you can keep ranting about how bad of a person I was if makes you feel better about your self. Just one question. Because Brett made a bad call. It's my fault that I didn't enjoy myself. If I wanted to come and just burn around out of control I could have did that on my own. O wait I did do that. Also maybe if you were here you would know what I am talking about. It does not matter what I say you will twist it up just to make me out to be the bad person.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually get ur story straight he did put on a clinic my 2 buddies were in it today for about 5hrs ripping with him where were u? He used ase's sled while the ase dude was down in the trees fixing his sled ! How do I know more about the ride than u???? Lmao wow! I'd never want to sled with u in the back country if ur all about leaving sleds and ppl behind! ch!t happens to everyone I bet if ur sled was broke down or stuck he'd help u out in a minute!!!!!!!
So....... You didn't pay money yourself to attend this but you seem to be a big defender here. You are obviously buddies with Tyler and his buddy who likely got a free ride this week with Rasmussen on the backs of everyone else that ponied up to "ride with Rasmussen" ........or is Honda310r actually Tyler from ASE motor sports?

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha now this all makes sense Honda 310r is Tyler form ASE. I was informed by a very good source. Can't take a little hit. Lol

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where were we. We left. I was not going to sit there all day and wait. So now your saying that we paid for a two day course that is a total of 5 hours. From my under standing your a good friend of the organizer of this event and are taking this personal. I never once said to leave Brett ether you are trying to twist my story. I said leave his sled then tomorrow go back and deal with it. Any way you can keep ranting about how bad of a person I was if makes you feel better about your self. Just one question. Because Brett made a bad call. It's my fault that I didn't enjoy myself. If I wanted to come and just burn around out of control I could have did that on my own. O wait I did do that. Also maybe if you were here you would know what I am talking about. It does not matter what I say you will twist it up just to make me out to be the bad person.
Being to brets course last year I know that: bret tewaches for an aprox 45mins on the basics then the rest of the day is free ride throw the trees and he will stop help u get unstuck and also point out what ur doing wrong to correct it! U said it perfectly u left withing the 1st hour when u said the said it would take 45mins wow real nice! Yes I'm friends with tyler and about 4 others in the group they didn't get off hill today till after dark! And they helped someone in need! So u left ur choice end of story y bash 1st befor even talking to ASE?

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha now this all makes sense Honda 310r is Tyler form ASE. I was informed by a very good source. Can't take a little hit. Lol
Actually u can't have 2 domain names on here and yes I payed last year and my other buddies payed this year aswelll I just don't understand y bash? Before u even talked to ase?

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being to brets course last year I know that: bret tewaches for an aprox 45mins on the basics then the rest of the day is free ride throw the trees and he will stop help u get unstuck and also point out what ur doing wrong to correct it! U said it perfectly u left withing the 1st hour when u said the said it would take 45mins wow real nice! Yes I'm friends with tyler and about 4 others in the group they didn't get off hill today till after dark! And they helped someone in need! So u left ur choice end of story y bash 1st befor even talking to ASE?
Hey Tyler, PM myself or hillclimb10 and we'll meet you for a beer to discuss. I'm in Valemount until Monday. I have no problem talking about whatever you want to discuss.

Top Bottom