Ride Rasmussen Style Riding Clinic...... 2012

• Thread starter ASEMotorsportsTyler
  • Start date

Where would you like to see this clinic held?

• Total voters

liquid

Reaction score
Wow are people quick to bash... there are lots of sayings being thrown around, how about "Thrown to the wolves"

I had a great time at the first clinic, there were challanges, but thats what makes a trip.

My .02c on the second clinic is only to comment about how quickly people jumped on tylers throat. I'm not commenting either way on the situation.. but at least let the guy TRY to work at something.
Did he tell you to GTFO and leave your money? no
Did he say everything went as planned? no
Did you give him time to deal with ANYTHING? no

As to the other fair weather riders.. -30 is cold, but safe enough. We played in the trees and the temps there were good, good enough to keep your gloves off when you are taking a break.
I took time off for the clinic, and it would have been a real dissapointment to not ride due to chilly weather. Now up at -35+ that is a temp that probably isnt worth riding, you have to draw the line somewhere.

My time there was great. It was a nice enought place to stay, lots of room. The meals were excellent. The only hard part about the cabin was keeping good temps, but common ppl.. how many of you have stoked an open fireplace and had it burn for 8hrs?
The groups would have lost out staying at a hotel, and im glad we all stayed at twin.

It was a good clinic. I learned allot, and I'm sure Tyler is learning allot about hosting them too.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
driving today i was thinking about this and i got thinkin if i was in that clinic i would have stayed so close to bret he would have got annoyed with me ...i mean to me part of having fun sledding is going down into places your not sure you'll get out of ... i think it would have been a blast to follow bret down to that area he couldnt get out of and even just watch as he would try to climb out think of how much you would learn watching him ride in obviously somewhere that is even over one of the best riders in the worlds head and even better would be trying to see if you could get out yourself without him riding your sled for ya .... quit whinning about how cold it was or how you didnt ride with bret enough its your own damn fault ....you paid to ride with the best so its up to you to keep up with him if you really wanted to learn anything ...thats my rant for the day

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
driving today i was thinking about this and i got thinkin if i was in that clinic i would have stayed so close to bret he would have got annoyed with me ...i mean to me part of having fun sledding is going down into places your not sure you'll get out of ... i think it would have been a blast to follow bret down to that area he couldnt get out of and even just watch as he would try to climb out think of how much you would learn watching him ride in obviously somewhere that is even over one of the best riders in the worlds head and even better would be trying to see if you could get out yourself without him riding your sled for ya .... quit whinning about how cold it was or how you didnt ride with bret enough its your own damn fault ....you paid to ride with the best so its up to you to keep up with him if you really wanted to learn anything ...thats my rant for the day

you have a valid point however i know where bret was. if one of the best riders in the world cant get out. no one else should be down there LOL. i know teh spot. looked at it many times. wasnt happening..ever..

and about following bret. this is exactly what he tells everyone in his clinics. its WAY to hard to get around and spend the exact same amount of time with everyone in the group. so he made a point of explaining that if you want to learn something find him/follow him and he will teach you QUICK.

i took the first group into that area because i knew it would be a challenge for everyone. some were not comfortable and never pictured themselves in that kind of terrain. but with brets instruction everyone was bouncing around in there like it was no big deal.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone really explain how they do what they do on a sled?
When someone asks me how I just done that, I say "I try and imagine what maxwell would do in this situation" .... Bahahahah jkjk. What's the status on the helmet cam vid maxxy?

Top Bottom