riddle me this...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had an exhuast sensor pop out of a mbrp can on the weekend. probly my fault maybe didnt tighten it enough.

anyways. didnt even find out until the end of the day when the owner said it sounded like it had a turbo with a blowoff valve LOL

sled ran GREAT all day. no engine codes or anything.

so whats the point of this sensor? did mbrp place it so far back that it just fools it?

my guess is it ran fine but the computer was trying to keep up and dumping a bunch of fuel at it maybe?

someonne pull one out of a hps or other brand and fire it up im curious...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the sensor pop out of my main pipe on my 2011 and it ran great. The can sensor changed from a 02 to a temp sensor for some reason on the 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v10rider

Reaction score
That's weird because the same sensor failed when I had my 2011 ETEC and the thing went into safe mode and ran like crap.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had an exhuast sensor pop out of a mbrp can on the weekend. probly my fault maybe didnt tighten it enough.

anyways. didnt even find out until the end of the day when the owner said it sounded like it had a turbo with a blowoff valve LOL

sled ran GREAT all day. no engine codes or anything.

so whats the point of this sensor? did mbrp place it so far back that it just fools it?

my guess is it ran fine but the computer was trying to keep up and dumping a bunch of fuel at it maybe?

someonne pull one out of a hps or other brand and fire it up im curious...

Did you notice it using alot more fuel or anything?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the sensor pop out of my main pipe on my 2011 and it ran great. The can sensor changed from a 02 to a temp sensor for some reason on the 13.

Thats strange, all the etec's we have had since early 2011 all had Temp sensors.

The temp sensor has parameters it reads between. A failed sensor will simply not read anything and cause the sled to go into limp.

It is possible to have a sensor back out and the sled will still appear to function properly, but the ecm will be adjusting to compensate for the temperature difference. It is even possible to increase the performance (BMP sensor spacers) by moving the sensor further out of the pipe.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats strange, all the etec's we have had since early 2011 all had Temp sensors.

The temp sensor has parameters it reads between. A failed sensor will simply not read anything and cause the sled to go into limp.

It is possible to have a sensor back out and the sled will still appear to function properly, but the ecm will be adjusting to compensate for the temperature difference. It is even possible to increase the performance (BMP sensor spacers) by moving the sensor further out of the pipe.
????
The sensor in the can this year looks nothing like the one that was in my 11. I was told the sensor in the can of later sleds was a o2 sensor which was about 2.5 inches long.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to me last week. But it was on my stock pipe. And another guy I was riding with said his did the same thing. I never had any issues or nothing. Never noticed it till I started to take the sled apart to diagnose the bogg problem I talk to you about. But it's weird cause it didn't change once put back in. I'm confused now whether that was the cause of the problem or the ice in the throttle body (which was very minimal). Hmmmmmm

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's weird because the same sensor failed when I had my 2011 ETEC and the thing went into safe mode and ran like crap.

When a sensor fails the reading goes of scale and will cause the computer to react accordingly but just out it will read ambient temp and try to adjust to compensate.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
????
The sensor in the can this year looks nothing like the one that was in my 11. I was told the sensor in the can of later sleds was a o2 sensor which was about 2.5 inches long.

I would have to go look but I believe they all looked the same. Either way, they are temp probes.

There is a measured calculation between the pipe and can temp sensor. If the difference between goes out of the specified amount it will adjust the items it needs to adjust to get it back to spec.

If it was an O2 sensor it would possibly allow the system to run more efficient. As would a MAF. I have no idea what a 2 stroke system would do to a O2.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe we had a sensor replaced on the 11 in our group, maybe they used an updated part.

I think it had the guard on it right?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
When you pick up my sled tonight.............................................which you will do.....................You can pull it out of the SLP and try it.

snowthing

Reaction score
sensor also popped out of the main pipe on my 2012 etec last season and i have never took the pipe off until this season

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe we had a sensor replaced on the 11 in our group, maybe they used an updated part.

I think it had the guard on it right?

Ok. Well maybe that's all it is is a guard? It's just longer looking with holes in it on the 2011. All my tech source told me is it is longer. I really don't know. What do the parts fiche call it

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. Well maybe that's all it is is a guard? It's just longer looking with holes in it on the 2011. All my tech source told me is it is longer. I really don't know. What do the parts fiche call it

Yeah my bad, I forgot the 2011 originally had the outter guard with the holes in it.

I was told it was just a guard. That is where the spacers came from. It was too long and pulling it back with a spacer made it work better.

I tend to forget stuff after a year or two. :D

Don't ask me anything about a Rev anymore.

Top Bottom