Riddin with kids

canadakevin

Reaction score
Could anyone offer some imput as to which would be the best options. A buddy and I are going to bring our daughters (both have ridden alot of trails, but niether have been to the mountians before) to Blue River and/or Valemount area this Friday. We have a few things to work out and wondering if anyone has some imput.

1 - we would like to bring the enclosed trailer (28') but can bring a sled deck and open 2 place if needed, but like I said my first choice is the enclosed as it is just so much easier for everything except staging this time of year. Is there anywhere that is still good to ride that we can bring a big trailer?

2 - we really are just looking for snow and fairly easy ridding, I have only ridden Chappel, Allen Creek, and then Renshaw up north (Which I would prefer to not go north as I need to end up in Vancouver from Edmonton for a meeting.) So which areas would people suggest is our best bet for Blue River and Valemount?

3 - Thanks in advance for any imput.

Kevin

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How old are the kids? I would say from what I have read on here Allen would be your best bet. We rode the 2nd and 3rd and there was alot of dirt on the clemina trail already. Allen has alot of good areas that are easy to access. I can speek from experiance if they like sleeding this isn't going to be the last time you will be taking them out they. My kid absolutly loves it.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
allan creek trail is in awesome shape, the enclosed will be just fine, park in the upper lot

beautiful views after a nice trail and good family riding behind the cabin, cant go wrong.

I wouldnt suggest a non groomed spring trail for a sledders first time in the mountains, it may put a sour taste on the experience

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode with my family the last 2 weekends at valemount, allen creek. my son is 15 and rides a 550 backcountry freestyle, played in trees and had 4 great days of riding, trail was in very good shape used the enclosed trailer, hopefully we'll be able to go one more time, cheers:beer:!

canadakevin

Reaction score
Thanks for the imput - we have finalized our plans now and are so looking towards getting the girls out there. You asked about age - 13 and 16.

Yahooooooooo - One more weekend of riding!!!!!!!!:d:d:d

Kevin

canadakevin

Reaction score
We did have an great weekend on many levels....

Here is a few pics....

IMG_7520.jpg

Here is one of the many views at Allen Creek - 10 x better to share with my daughter.

IMG_7525.jpg

It was fun watching her feed the birds.

IMG_7517.jpg

She decided to try a "big Hill" and did well to get to the top - until she turned the sled sidways and it tipped over.

It truely was an awesome weekend.

canadakevin

Reaction score
And how did the girl like it? Hope they found it to be alot of fun.

Oh they absolutley loved it, and to be honest both of them amazed me how well they rode and how quick they learned, seems like things that took me a couple of times to the mountians to do, they learned in a couple of tries and make it look easy. :)

I look forward to my next time back with them.

How old is the kid(s) you have taken, maybe we could try to do a trip and be out there together sometime with them?

Kevin

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boy is 14 he absolutly loves it out there this year he came on 2 of the 5 trips I made and I am thinking next year it will be more.
It amazing how quick they catch on and as for holding anyone back. Not happening I have taken full grown men out there and are scared to go where he does.
Maybe we will be out there at the same time would be a good time.

Top Bottom