ribbons in clemina

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw ribbons in the trees when in clemina on the weekend,does anybody know what they are for. are they planning on logging in there? if not logging does anybody now forsure why forestry is putting ribbons up

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive seen ribbons before but now there are lots in the trees and in areas ive never seen them before. i know some riders use them to mark different areas but now they are placed in areas were they are in trees following along in about every fifth tree, and in areas hardly anybody goes into

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yes they are planning on killing some poor defenseless trees up there.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive seen ribbons before but now there are lots in the trees and in areas ive never seen them before. i know some riders use them to mark different areas but now they are placed in areas were they are in trees following along in about every fifth tree, and in areas hardly anybody goes into
Next time find a corner and it will have flagging with writing on it telling some information about the block.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hate to see the logging in those areas ,some of those areas have some great riding. if they are doing logging does anybody know when it will start. is it soon or years down the road?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hate to see the logging in those areas ,some of those areas have some great riding. if they are doing logging does anybody know when it will start. is it soon or years down the road?
Not sure on that area specifically but it depends on what ribbon is hung. If it's just layout could be up to three years, if it's cruised generally within two years it'll be logged.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
There's lots of ribbons and numbers spray painted on trees.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is BC Timber Sales, so the blocks will go up for auction.

VARDA has been communicating as much as possible asking for summer operations.

Sucks, but we need to remember that if it wasn't for logging we wouldn't even be riding there

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
thats aweful. them are my trees!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is BC Timber Sales, so the blocks will go up for auction.

VARDA has been communicating as much as possible asking for summer operations.

Sucks, but we need to remember that if it wasn't for logging we wouldn't even be riding there

sounds to me like Maxwell better pull out the old checkbook and buy them there tree's!

Top Bottom