rhino heat

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anys body know of a good cooling system upgrades for the 660 rhino

Pull the factory fan and fan schroud/guard off. really, really, super clean the rad out.....they seem to plug all around the the outside and anywhere the plastic covers..... flush it so you can see light through it.

*......Careful not to bend or fold over the rad fins.... you will have to comb them out if you do.*

There is a high flow fan and guard/cover combo from some of the aftermarket retailers...... like hunterworks for example..... makes a huge differance on the engine temp issues.....

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what I installed

Cleaned my rad and oil cooler while I was at it and my rhino always is around 180-190, not over 210 like it used to.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
utv inc, makes a wiring harness to bypass the temp switch so you can leave your fan on, could build one fairly easy.my temps dropped a huge amount i put utv inc's "bauler hauler" clutch package in my rhino, just before my trip to brule lake this year and it worked well. my fan barely cut in, even in temps close to +30 celcius this weekend.the package is a shim for the primary, there machined sheave, greaseless weights, and a secondary spring.

snowtractor

Reaction score
I just pulled the rad out last night couldnr believe how dirty it was and it looked clean in place left it soak in a tub over night

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the rad out last night couldnr believe how dirty it was and it looked clean in place left it soak in a tub over night

You might laugh but.... We put a license plate directly in front on the bush bumper after removing rad due to overheating and it hasn't heated up since. When hitting holes the plate steers the skeg and mud away from the center of the machine. Worked for us because relocating the rad to the back wouldn't work, we have a double seat for the kids in the back. Don't want the little ones burned:). Just my 2 cents....

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we ran a second rad laying down on top of frame under hood with a second fan then a hood scoop from mair because we to have seats in the back it looks really clean no rad out in the open and our tenp stays down in that 140-160 area even in +30 it also solved the famous airlock issue because now the rad is highr than the engine

dukekehler

Reaction score
I am in Wasilla Alaska and we are having major heat up issues. Any pics of your set up would be appreciated. Like your rig, we have a bulldog instead of kids to deal with behind us.
Peace,
Duke

Top Bottom