Rhino Clutching

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any experiance with a rhino that seems to be stuck in high gear? Feels like a sled with a broken secondary spring. Havent taken it apart yet but my dealer says if it has got water in it then it could be seized up. Has never had water in it & seems wrong as he says the clutches need to be lubricated. I've never had a ATV clutch apart but I know on a sled you never use lubricant.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Yes the clutch needs to be taken apart cleaned well and reassembled with new GREASE in the weight basket. I use wheel bearing grease but I think you can buy a special grease from your dealer for it. Once you get it wet or full of mud or silt it dries and turns into concrete from the heat and your roller weights stick and don't work properly. Good Luck and welcome to the site. :beer::beer:

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I will pull it apart tommorow & have a look. Any heads up that I will need. I've had a million sled cluthches apart but never one of these. I assume they are very similar.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Its been awhile since I've done a yammi and don't remember it being that hard of a job but anytime you remove the clutch cover make sure you take extra care in putting it back on. You don't want it leaking. Make sure the gasket area is very clean. Use some silly cone.

Top Bottom