Revy "really stuck" photo report

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tell you that it snowed really hard in Revy the last few days would be an understatement. Our BowCycle demo crew of 6 spent Saturday riding @ Frisby ridge, the visibility was horrible but the snow was DEEP. The clouds were so socked in that everybody was forced to head into the tree's, as you could not see 10 feet infront of your sled. Riding near treeline was impossible, as you could not tell what was up or down. In all reality if you stopped moving were there were no other previous tracks this year you were stuck, there was no bottom to the snow pack, in most spots I would say its at least 6 feet deep, but perhaps deeper.
On Sunday we rode Boulder Mtn for a change of venue, it snowed 30 cm overnight, so we got even more stuck on Sunday than on Saturday. The honeyholes behind the old cabin in the trees were almost too deep, after a 2 hour "mega stuckfest", we finally got the group out and climed up Alberta hill. We rode around for the afternoon in the tree's in that area, we had a blast but got stuck more times than I wish to talk about. A quick glance around and you could see all kinds of groups of riders stuck, Doo's, Poo's, Cat's, Boosted Yammies, everybody was shovelling all day long. Quotes I overheard in the warm up cabin from many riders was " most I've ever been stuck and most I've ever used my shovel."
Revelstoke, sometimes it snows there....

Attachments

• Revy dec 11-12 006.jpg
    Revy dec 11-12 006.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Revy dec 11-12 008.jpg
    Revy dec 11-12 008.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Revy dec 11-12 012.jpg
    Revy dec 11-12 012.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,126
  • Revy dec 11-12 014.jpg
    Revy dec 11-12 014.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,116

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To anybody who has the means to get to Revy as soon as the weather clears, it's gonna be the best and deepest day ever..., and keep your shovel out, your gonna need it.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow was epic on sunday i was riding up whipsaw and if you got in the fresh it was windsheild deep. one point every one was stuck. got to love winter!

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any 174 doos in that crowd

nope, 1 63, he was just as stuck, no base, soooo deep. I saw guys on turbo yammies(Nytro) stuck on flat ground, it was the best of the worst. I'm thinking a 3 inch track , some good luck, and forced induction would be the only way to go "wherever you want". I did see a 174 ish cat at the cabin but did not talk to him....

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in stuff that deep when boost comes on and your track speed hits the roof your sunk deeper than anyone else. unless your moving already :eek:

Yep, that seemed to be the issue for those guys. You'd just rode untill you were stuck, or if sombody waved you over to help them, then you'd get stuck trying to help them, and so on, no matter what the sled, everybody was stuck and was digging,.......IT WAS FUN AS HELL.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probly slept well that night hahaha

The most fun part was being stuck on the highway last night between Rogers Pass and Golden for 3 hours and getting home at 2:30, my wife was not happy.:d:d I was passed out the entire way home though.

pistonpete

Reaction score
The tell you that it snowed really hard in Revy the last few days would be an understatement. Our BowCycle demo crew of 6 spent Saturday riding @ Frisby ridge, the visibility was horrible but the snow was DEEP. The clouds were so socked in that everybody was forced to head into the tree's, as you could not see 10 feet infront of your sled. Riding near treeline was impossible, as you could not tell what was up or down. In all reality if you stopped moving were there were no other previous tracks this year you were stuck, there was no bottom to the snow pack, in most spots I would say its at least 6 feet deep, but perhaps deeper.
On Sunday we rode Boulder Mtn for a change of venue, it snowed 30 cm overnight, so we got even more stuck on Sunday than on Saturday. The honeyholes behind the old cabin in the trees were almost too deep, after a 2 hour "mega stuckfest", we finally got the group out and climed up Alberta hill. We rode around for the afternoon in the tree's in that area, we had a blast but got stuck more times than I wish to talk about. A quick glance around and you could see all kinds of groups of riders stuck, Doo's, Poo's, Cat's, Boosted Yammies, everybody was shovelling all day long. Quotes I overheard in the warm up cabin from many riders was " most I've ever been stuck and most I've ever used my shovel."
Revelstoke, sometimes it snows there....

Well, bieng from out east, the most stuck ever was, well, do i have to explain?? HE,HE WARNING TO ALL, when Lucas says he likes riding the trees, hes not kidding, ha,ha,ha :d:beer:

Attachments

• frisby 005.jpg
    frisby 005.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 454
  • frisby 004.jpg
    frisby 004.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 457
  • frisby 001.jpg
    frisby 001.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 455

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I brought my little brother with me for his very first trip to the mountains. He bought an M1000 a couple of weeks ago, so I figured if he wants to buy the big machine, we might as well find some big snow. I heard him tell someone last night that he "had his mountain cherry popped by a shovel!" These are pics of his very first stuck on Boulder Mountain- not far from the old cabin actually :d It turns out he has a tree magnet in his sled, as this was his first tree tag, but definitely not his last:d

Later we busted into the alpine and found carnage everywhere. Rolled over one hill to find 5 people planted. I of course, cut a big donut around them and got planted myself. Then my brother came to help me and he also got planted! After that, I helped some other guy who was all by himself get unstuck. My brother had just zipped around the corner to turn around and help us, but he never came back. Turns out he got screwed up in a ravine because he couldnt see. Here, he managed to get himself into the worst stuck I have ever seen. We shovelled and pulled for a very long time on that one :eek:

By the time we got down, the highway was closed so we went back to Peaks Lodge to rest for the night. In the morning I asked him if we should go for one more day of sledding. I was actually afraid that he was going to beat me up for even suggesting it :eek:

All things said, it was a very fun weekend in very big snow and my poor shovel has never seen so much action :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1733.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_1735.jpg
    IMG_1735.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 445
Top Bottom