Revy Conditions and "Top Spots"

Oilers Rule

Reaction score
Heading to Revy for ONEEEEEEE WEEEEEK on Monday. How's the snow? Anyone have any recent photos?

Any where you suggest a guy go or try? We have our favorite riding areas but Im sure theres more...lol

Anyone else heading there next week.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from 3 days of riding..Frisby was fantastic..snowing when we left...the clearest I have ever had it..blue bird...

Attachments

• PIC_0106_1.jpg
    PIC_0106_1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 348
  • PIC_0081_1.jpg
    PIC_0081_1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 349

GRD

Reaction score
Looks like a good ride... How is the bent ski?

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Great pictures 'Dobir'. Three days riding..... But there are only two pictures ??? More to come ?

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what you guys are after...you just want to see how i bent my ski...full out impact in a damn blown out tree well on Frissby...you should see my knee..

Attachments

• PIC_0084_1 (2).jpg
    PIC_0084_1 (2).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 329

GRD

Reaction score
I know what you guys are after...you just want to see how i bent my ski...full out impact in a damn blown out tree well on Frissby...you should see my knee..

Knee and ski... Ouch! Looks like the weather was awesome...

Reaction score
I was at Frisbee as well no pics to show. On Sunday there was spots with to much snow and you could see,well until you road then the snow would get shoveled up the hood and into your face.PS still smillin.

Oilers Rule

Reaction score
Ahhh Man-

Cant wait 5 more sleeps... and gone for a week of ride'n in Revy! The snow looks unbelievable.

Great Pictures

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Oilersrule it has been snowing lightly for 2 days now, nice fluffy pow and more in the forecast. Have you seen the maps page on the sledrevy site.

Good one Dobir, can`t see a track either. Only laughing cause I`ve fallen into a few myself. :rolleyes:
You guys see any Caribou up there last weekend, heard they are hanging around the green dildo.
Here are a couple pics. from the weekend before. This was steep the pics. make it look like a bunny hill.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya...I was ripping across that meadow with a guy behind me. All he saw was a puff of snow 15 feet in the air. I think I crapped myself. lucky..we did see Caribou by the great big Johnson..4 of them..

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the maps page on the sledrevy site.

One thing you have to keep in mind when you are looking at the GPS coordinates for Revy that they post up on the website (as well as here) is that the format the coordinates are in do not follow the proper standard for listing GPS coordinates. For example:

SUGAR BOWL
N 51 00 28 • W 118 22 87

The GPS standard would suggest that these coordinates are in the Degrees, Minutes, Seconds format (N DD MM SS.S W DDD MM SS.S)...... But they aren't.

They are actually in the Degrees, Minutes.Minutes format (N DD MM.MMM W DDD MM.MMM), without the decimal showing. The coordinates should actually be listed as:

SUGAR BOWL
N 51 00.280 • W 118 22.870

If you try to use the DD MM SS.S format with these coordinates, your GPS will not let you enter the "87" part of the north entry as it is larger than the allowed 59.9 in the seconds column. As well, some of the other coordinates at Boulder and Frisby have numbers that would let you put them into a GPS with the DD MM SS.S format, and you would have very inaccurate data. What would be nice is to see what format the coordinates are listed in above them. This would take all confusion out of the problem. Sorry for the long winded rant, but this kind of information could be very vital to someone trying to get to a cabin or something in very bad weather, and they would be led astray if they had the wrong info.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
We have never been known to follow the rules. Sorry if it has caused anyone grief. New map will be produced next yr. and I will pass this info on to the Angie so the proper format will be printed. Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Guess everyone we ride with have their own GPS`s in their minds and this is the 1st I have heard of this.

Now back to conditions. :D About 3 ft. of pow yesterday and sunny breaks, even deeper some spots :eek:. Really wished I was a ft. taller so I could have seen where I was going. Blue Bird today.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Problem. Most people don't switch between formats very much, but it seems I am constantly converting/switching in my line of work. One guy will give the coordinates in DD.DDDD format, and then the next guy will give DD MM SS.S format. Oh well, I ended up figuring it out when I put my GPS tracks on the computer and all of the waypoints that I was able to enter were off compared to the tracks.

Top Bottom