Reverse problems please help

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 summit x 800 h.o. i did a compression test and both cylinders are 150 psi. it runs and rides great. my reverse on the other hand not so good... sometimes when i try to put it in reverse it stalls but sometimes it goes in good and works.... when i go to take it out of reverse it always stalls. any ideas?

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i tried to warm it up and try it.... no luck... i also reved it up a bit before switching in and out.... i reved it up and put it in no problem.... i reved it up to put it out of reverse and it stalled.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will see if i can find him on here and see what he figures... thanks for your help anyways

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think i got it... i started to adjust my belt notch by notch... my belt was a bit to tight i think... cause i loosened it off and it works now.... but for how long :O

98sumitt

Reaction score
i think i got it... i started to adjust my belt notch by notch... my belt was a bit to tight i think... cause i loosened it off and it works now.... but for how long :O

My son has the same problem with his '04. Let me know if that solves the problem. Thanks

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
www.apexautomationltd.com

how did you notch for notch loosen it off... did you try it with the belt off? aren't you gonna lose clutch performance alittle by doing this?

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in the secondary the is a place to do adjustments... 6 adjustment marks... so when i started it was on notch 5... i droped it to 4 and noticed the belt was still tight... dropped it to 3 and the belt sat perfect... after doing this i talked to the guy at the dealership and he said try to loosen the belt for your reverse cause if it is to tight it wont engage as easy.... so knowing that i had loosened the belt i tried the reverse and it worked... and still works...

Dino

Reaction score
in the secondary the is a place to do adjustments... 6 adjustment marks... so when i started it was on notch 5... i droped it to 4 and noticed the belt was still tight... dropped it to 3 and the belt sat perfect... after doing this i talked to the guy at the dealership and he said try to loosen the belt for your reverse cause if it is to tight it wont engage as easy.... so knowing that i had loosened the belt i tried the reverse and it worked... and still works...
If your belt is too tight it drags down the rpms of the engine and it stalls between running forward to reverse or visa verse.... There is a fine line how ever between that and too lose where as you will lose performance. Dino

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your belt deflection, put your sleds rear end up on a lift so it's off the ground and start it. Your track should just barely turn or you should be able to make it turn with a gentle push of your hand. If it doesn't then loosen those 3 bolts on your secondary and move the adjuster back just a little bit, tighten the bolts and try it again. Keep doing that until your track barely moves when sitting at idle and you should be all set. I did this to my sled 2 weeks ago and she performs great in the steep and deep.

Top Bottom